Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I right now own the tC you see in my signature, plan on supercharging it soon and eventually later in the year prob. around August I will be purchasing a Toyota Tacoma X-Runner so I will have both the SW S/C tC and the X Runner, but am still thinking on the color of the truck, I was thinking the blue color, but dont know yet. I am in a situation should I keep the tC only and mod the #### out of that and save up for a house or get the truck? I am currently 18 living with the Rents and make about $2000 - $5000 a month at De Sears! What would you do?

·
Registered
100 Posts
you should be investing some of that money into a savings account for a rainy day.

I'm 20 years old, and theres not really a point of having two cars that are brand new.

At least not in my opinion. I think you should save some of the money you make so you can retire early.

I been putting money in my savings account since i started working at 15.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by kmonei@Feb 13 2006, 10:49 PM
you should be investing some of that money into a savings account for a rainy day.

I'm 20 years old, and theres not really a point of having two cars that are brand new.

At least not in my opinion. I think you should save some of the money you make so you can retire early.

I been putting money in my savings account since i started working at 15.
O yea i forgot to mention im going to be a fire fighter / emt also so 25 years on the force and then i can retire......

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The house next door to me was sold for around $75k less than a year ago. The new owner might have put $5k in improvement work, and he just sold the house for about $125k. Not a bad flip.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I know my rents bought this house that we were living in 4 years ago for $175k put atleast $50k into remodeling and now it is worth $500k in 4 years! Thats amazing. I might just invest in some land and trade in my car for the RS 2.0 once that is released.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I bought my condo for $105k... Price for the same ones in my complex are now $130k+.... Real estate is a much better investment right now. No need for 2 cars unless you have 2 drivers.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Rates go up, 5/1 ARMs will run out, people won't be able to afford their nice new mansions and will start selling. Prices will drop.

Or at least that would be the logical thing to happen next after the RE boom caused by low mortgage rates.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Feb 13 2006, 09:29 PM
Well I right now own the tC you see in my signature, plan on supercharging it soon and eventually later in the year prob. around August I will be purchasing a Toyota Tacoma X-Runner so I will have both the SW S/C tC and the X Runner, but am still thinking on the color of the truck, I was thinking the blue color, but dont know yet. I am in a situation should I keep the tC only and mod the #### out of that and save up for a house or get the truck? I am currently 18 living with the Rents and make about $2000 - $5000 a month at De Sears! What would you do?
First thing you should do is hook me up with a job, I'll be in North GA in starting in March. Email me when you have a job all lined up for me.

And then you should save that money your making for investments.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Feb 14 2006, 01:47 PM
Rates go up, 5/1 ARMs will run out, people won't be able to afford their nice new mansions and will start selling. Prices will drop.

Or at least that would be the logical thing to happen next after the RE boom caused by low mortgage rates.
Yup..everyone who's practicing extended living is gonna be screwed with a capital S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Feb 13 2006, 07:29 PM
If I may for a moment, give my advice concerning houses.

Save your money if you plan on buying a house. Save enough to put at least 20% down, and avoid avoid avoid PMI (thats mortgage insurance, folks) like it has the plague. That'll make your life easier if you can do that for homeownership.

Two new cars? One nice, one beater, at our young age. Keep the scion and get a 2nd hand work truck. Unless of course your job REQUIRES you to have a dependable truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is unless you plan on using your first home to build equity only, them maybe consider a 3-5 year ARM to maybe lower your monthly payment a bit. If you decided to stay onger, just refinance to a 30 yr fixed rate. Really, a -good- loan officer can help you with the house, and your real estate agent will know someone in the business and possible have some knowledge themselves.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I was not big on gambling with RE, so I just went for a stable neighborhood with good schools, and got an inexpensive little house that will last me for 5+ years. 20% down, 15 year fixed at 5.5%. Now the tC will finally have a garage...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wait let me gets this right.
Your 18 and you say make 2000-5000 month at Sears???
So thats 24-60grand a year at 18???? at Sears

Why do you need 2 cars if you live at home still.
If you make so much and you get the XRunner
URDusa.com just released the Supercharger for it that puts down 310hp to the wheels and 325lb trq to the wheels.

I still cant see someone making 24-60,000 a year at 18 working at sears.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
$60k is peanuts. AMHIK. Besides, if you're young and foolish and believe the girl who says she's taking precautions and make the 25% of your after tax income mistake, it goes really fast.

Save your money. Cars are not investments unless you get unusually lucky ( I consider myself phenomenally fortunate my Supra is still worth a lot of money compared to other 90's Japanese supercars.)

10 years from now you'll look back on having two cars and ask yourself why you wasted all that cash.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.