Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, my brother and cuzin had a big arguement about this today, they both were against me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Stock tires tC w/supercharger vs. stock tires SI, driver's race.

Stock tires tC w/supercharger vs. SI w/factory optional summer tires, SI has a distinct advantage, but it's still a driver's race--it just takes more effort on the tC driver's part.

N/A tC with any tires you want vs. SI w/any choice of factory tire, the SI will win unless the driver's a total moron.

-Ed

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What i also notice is that the SI is lighter. So, I guess SI has advantage of S/C TC. :-(

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i would like an opportunity to drive one, and drive against one. its supposed to be a pretty sick little machine. i do, however, have to lean the way i am baised, and say i can beat one.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I raced and saw one at the track at MMP Friday night, one of the dealers brought one by to show it off. The best time I saw it run that night was a 15.8, forget the trap speed... given it was a brand new car and the person driving it was a moron, but I think a supercharged tC would win. Then again I'm biased

Oh yea, when I raced it I ran a 15.7 and they ran a 16.2. Horrible driver. Couldn't launch worth a crap and didn't know anything about proper shifting.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
damn, keith. way to stereotype. (you know i would never do that.)

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Ohhh okay i was reading this thread and realized that you guys said 06 civic SI.. haha i was about to say.. 05 SI's are no problem unless they are twpe R.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I'd say it's a driver's race.... The SC will kick up the HP and Torque above the SI, but it's not gonna be that big a difference.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think that s/c Tc has a better chance!!! 06 honda civic si going to have 197 hp 140 tq (low tq is a hondas problem!!) For example,
2002 Acura TL type-s has 260hp and it make 14.9 in 1/4!!!
2002 Nissan Maxima has 250hp and it make 14.2 in 1/4!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
think of it not as 06 si but RSX-S....can a tC s/c beat a RSX-S???...yes indeed it can off the line only...RSX-S will top out easier due to the almighty Vtec lol...honestly 06si's arent faster then RSX-S 02-04 even though it has LSD...LSD doesnt matter too much...tC s/c cant beat an 06 si IMO on the freeway...tC's gear ratios suck crap...too short...Ive lost too many races due to gear ratio...

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i think what would help the Tc most (and ive driven both) is actually its gearing. it however depends on the race. in your average stoplight racing, Tc wins most likely due to the fact the Si needs to shift to 3rd right before 60 which can give the differently geared and Supercharged Tc the advantage there. where the Si excels, and i mentioned it to Ryan is in the twisties, high revving driving, similar environments to which the Type-R excelled. hondas arent and never will be the prime choice for drag racing, and i pray to god thats not what people define a good car or better car. ive said before to those sacramento folks i spoke to about the Si and Supercharged Tc, it would be a hard choice to make between the two

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.