Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i searched..."wheel drive" and i didn't see an answer for this

so i'm wondering if the scion tC is one wheel drive?

i've even looked at the one dyno for the super charger to see if both wheels were moving but no luck, i couldn't tell if it was moving or not and they didn't really...let you see the from wheels anyways so eh
sooo yeah anyone know this??

edit:
puaha.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by moo0o@Dec 10 2005, 11:57 PM

so i'm wondering if the scion dc is one wheel drive?

i've even looked at the one dyno for the super charger to see if both wheels were moving but no luck, i couldn't tell if it was moving or not and they didn't really...let you see the from wheels anyways so eh

edit:
nevermind...front right wheel. someone delete this? i don't know how to delete puaha
Wtf are you talking about?!? Are you serious?!?

The only time the tC only drives one wheel is if either one of the front wheels is slipping, because of the open differential; otherwise, it's always driving both front wheels! I have yet to hear of a four wheeled conveyance that only drives one of the four!

-Ed

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by moo0o@Dec 10 2005, 11:57 PM

edit:
nevermind...front right wheel. someone delete this? i don't know how to delete puaha
It's not a go kart....of course it's 2wd. This is the silliest thread I've ever seen. Even worse than the "How do I change the time on the clock in my TC" thread.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, ok I get it now. Thanks for clearing it up for me Edd.

Hey hey hey, I typed "dc" because I'm usually abbreviating disconnect for AIM and shizz soo yeahh sorry? haha

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome to the site, btw.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Dec 11 2005, 09:49 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Dec 11 2005, 09:49 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-moo0o
@Dec 10 2005, 11:57 PM

edit:
nevermind...front right wheel. someone delete this? i don't  know how to delete puaha
Wtf are you talking about?!? Are you serious?!?

The only time the tC only drives one wheel is if either one of the front wheels is slipping, because of the open differential; otherwise, it's always driving both front wheels! I have yet to hear of a four wheeled conveyance that only drives one of the four!

-Ed [/b]
weren't the old mercury cougars one wheel drive?? i remmeber i had a friend who had a cougar and he would spin out like crazy in unshoveled parking lots in chicago winters.

.. or was his car just messed up???

·
Registered
126 Posts
wtf... sorry man this has got too be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said! haha goin in my sig fo sho!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
A little too quick to judge maybe? Open diff cars have been called one wheel drive for years. For exactly the reason EddieMoney said (you can avoid that problem by clicking on the parking brake until it just engages, then it acts just like a limited slip diff...)

Yeah, the tC is a one wheel drive until someone comes up with a limited slip or you install a phantom grip.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 11 2005, 11:11 PM
en diff cars have been called one wheel drive for years. For exactly the reason EddieMoney said (you can avoid that problem by clicking on the parking brake until it just engages, then it acts just like a limited slip diff...)

Yeah, the tC is a one wheel drive until someone comes up with a limited slip or you install a phantom grip.
Wouldn't that be the gist of what I said?

-Ed

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah. It's 1 wheel drive.... you drive with 1 wheel.. the STEERING WHEEL

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 12 2005, 12:11 AM
A little too quick to judge maybe? Open diff cars have been called one wheel drive for years. For exactly the reason EddieMoney said (you can avoid that problem by clicking on the parking brake until it just engages, then it acts just like a limited slip diff...)

Lane pwns again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.