Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. wen i went to the dealer to find out more information about the tc, i mentioned something about the insurance... and the guy told me, dat he owned a tc, a camry, and something else.. i forgot.. but n e way, he sed dat the tc has the best insurance.. even better den the camry.. is dat possible? maybe becuz he's old.. but i'm only 16 years old.. how would the insurance be on me?

· Registered
46 Posts
It all depends on your license history, your insurance agency, age, GPA (if in school). You just have to go online and get several quotes form different insurance companies. Also will you be insured under your parents plan? That makes a difference as well.

· Registered
142 Posts
Hey,

It depends on your driving record. I am in my mid 30's and I have a clean driving records. I currently drive a 2003 Avalon and pay about $450 for 6 months.

When I added my SCION (and added my wife's name to it), my insureance increased to about a low $900 for 6 months.

I was told that the premium on the Avalon dropped to below $400 due to their 2nd car discount policy, so, the brand new SCION actually costs more.

So, it depends.

My suggestion is to have your name added to your parents' insurance first. That was how I did it and remember to keep your record clean.

On Wednesday when I went to have the SCION inspected, the inspector told me that he was paying in the mid $200 PER MONTH on a single car. So, you can see how costly it can be for you if you have a bad record.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Please do a search next time as we have already discuessed insurance rates at length. Here is a topic you will find useful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.