Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A grinding noise has gotten to be pretty loud on my 2009 Scion TC with 135K miles. It has zero issues running. Took it to the mechanic and he said he was 90% sure it was the alternator so I went ahead and replaced it. I then found out that was not issue since the noise still persists. Anybody have any idea what else this could be or has anyone ever experienced this sound before? Please see the video below. Thank you!

·
Registered
2006 Scion tC
2 Posts
A grinding noise has gotten to be pretty loud on my 2009 Scion TC with 135K miles. It has zero issues running. Took it to the mechanic and he said he was 90% sure it was the alternator so I went ahead and replaced it. I then found out that was not issue since the noise still persists. Anybody have any idea what else this could be or has anyone ever experienced this sound before? Please see the video below. Thank you!

Water pump? It's right in that area and they do get noisy when the bearing is failing.
Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It may be your exhaust, I had noise similar to that and it turned out that my exhaust was to tight. It was pushed forward to far and it being so tight caused it to vibrate and squeak. I also thought it was my water pump or alternator but after taking my exhaust off and pushing it back and moving the hangers to give it some slack it went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts