Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's sucks if true... but how many times have automakers said they would discontinue a model just to increase sales and not really to discontinue the model.

However, for us already tC owners, it might be pretty cool to own a car that people can't get anymore. This '08 discontinue rumor can't possibly be true. The tC's sales account for more than 50% (I believe) of all Scion sales. Why would they take away something that's selling like hot cakes?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by coolhandluke@Oct 6 2005, 03:32 PM
Why would they take away something that's selling like hot cakes?
High sales now do not translate to high sales later with absolute certainty. Toyota does not want to spend the money with significant model refreshes on their Scion line as they do with their Toyota and Lexus counterparts. They also want to, I believe, keep alive a sort of freshness and "what is new is hot" attitude in the consumer mind about their cars.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by coolhandluke@Oct 6 2005, 12:32 PM
This '08 discontinue rumor can't possibly be true. The tC's sales account for more than 50% (I believe) of all Scion sales. Why would they take away something that's selling like hot cakes?
not that i know anything, but a large part of it is that we simply dont want to see another twenty years of camry. the idea is to refresh the market with a new vehicle that may have its roots in the discontinued model, but would be unique enough to carry a seperate badge.
this translates to nothing but good things for owners. keep an eye on your resale value of this car as it is replaced. you will be in a seller's market for the tC. couple that with the unique factor of owning scions first sports coupe, and you have a good deal. and no, parts will not be gone for them just because the model goes away.
for all of us involved with the product line, it will be a sad day when we sell our last tC. but, i have no doubt the follow on will be worthy of the scion logo. so far, so good anyway.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Don't know about anyone else, but personally I bought my tC so that I'll have it for years. Whilst yes I am doing a lot of performance mods, I'm not going to sell my baby. When it comes to a daily driver I may just buy a Toyota or Lexus (after graduation of course), or hell... I'd be happy to buy another Scion for a reliable daily driver

I'd be glad if they discontinued it though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i agree. i have no plans to trade my tC in. for now, this will be my driver, then my project. at that point, i will have something else as a driver. and i will be glad to have my 4 MY production tC.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Would you rather it live on like the original Saturn coupe/sedan, which didn't undergo a design change for a decade? I'd like to see the tC limited to '05-'07... but fear that whatever replaces it in '08 will have 200hp + an optional S/C, be lighter, never squeak or rattle, and cost around what we all paid-- and honestly, that would sting a bit.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have a feeling i may be taking a few tC's on trade when the follow-on model comes out.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I think it will all depend on oil prices. If the predictions are true, we may all be looking for something cheaper to operate.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I am kinda looking forward to higher fuel prices. We will finally see an end to people taking their kids to school in tanks. How many times did you back up out of a parking spot blinly because you couln't see around a ten foot tall earth destroyer. I few weeks ago while gassing up at sam's club I saw a guy punch his Suburban because his gas bill was 94 bucks. I laugh at people who buy these ridicules road hogs and get mad when gas goes up.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
and 40 gallons gets him about 500 miles. 40 gallons takes my ass 1000 miles down the road.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.