Votes: 0 0.0%
  • System sucks

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted to have a mean system in my tc, my dad is manager at toyota, graduation gift is a scion tc, arrival date is april 5th.
I went ahead and just bought
(2) fosgate P3 12's 4ohm,
Fosgate 1 farad cap,
Fosgate circuit breaker,
Fosgate 4 guage wireing kit, and a
Power Acoustik 1800db digital mono block amp. (1400watts stable rms @ 1ohm)
I got 4 year service plan on it all so i dont care if things burn out or blow up
(by the way i payed 65% below retail for all this)
I am getting a custom fiberglass box built for the tc and everything.

Just want to know your input on the system.. and if u know of any problems that i might face.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds like it should hit preatty hard as long as you find enough space in the box for two twelves to fit correctly and its all hooked up correctly. I have an old Rock Fos punch 40i amp from 95. I have passed it down through two brothers and it should be getting passed down to one more in a year or two when he getts his license. It still pushes two twelves decent. Although personally I lost interset in fosgate when they sold out to Best Buy (I hate that place). The stuff still hits hard though, just dont let those hacks install it. They have about enough car and car stereo experience as my 2 year old cousin.

·
Registered
453 Posts
amen on best buys install abilities....

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Soundguuy50@Mar 20 2005, 11:37 AM
amen on best buys install abilities....
Yeah on my old honda they really jacked up my amp and everything cause they tried to make up some stuff about how my amp and subs got in the way and as an end result I had a hole in one of my subs and somehow they couldn't figure out how it happened, SCREW DRIVER MAYBE??? Anyhow, they ended up really giving me whatever I wanted...so it all turned out ok but still they can be a little clumsy, that is why I do everything myself now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Stereo shops can be just as bad...the one good thing about going to a Best Buy, Circuit City, or similar place, is that since you're dealing with a large national chain with accountability, they're more likely to fix any screwups. Stereo shops, on the other hand, good luck getting them to try to fix their screw-ups...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It will play at 119 decibels at one meter. Mine play aroung 127 decibels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
not a huge fan of fosgate but hey at least you have something. I have had my tc for 8 months and am just barely started to do anything to it. But hopefully I am going to build a box this weekend. I think it will sound good.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Only mess with the best...ALPINE!!!

My System

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont think you know what you are talking about... there is over a 60% profit margin on the stuff i bought... i got it all for cost... and i got 4 years of service for 10$ a sub.... 20$ for the amp.... trust me they didnt make any money.... www.vividyellow.com .... hes makin my custom box... thats his car... all custom.. all made by him.. trust me i should have a pretty nice ride by the end of april...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yo, that will pound pretty good, I just don't like that brand. I have 2 12" subs at home that have 2000 watt peak, and 800 RMS apiece, and I just got a 2000 watt Mono Class D amplifier, so mine is gonna pound harder...but it sounds like you got it in order, good luck with everything.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ok whats with the bestbuy bashing? i work there... dont trash it! and yea, the discount is amazing and you are all just jealous1

as far as quality of guys that work there, it does vary... ill give you that. Some guys really know their stuff probably better than anyone on here, and some of them are just jokes... Simple solution, call and be like "who would you recommend i talk to about getting this installed" then when you go in... ask for him/her. (had to be proper)

and on to the original topic, the fosgate P3s are beasts as long as you amp them well. I have one 10" in my car (unfortunately i require half the trunk for a surfboard) one recommendation if you got the money, replace the pioneer speakers and amp some fosgates, itll sound a LOT better

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.