1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
how does EMS compare to AEM in regards to CAI's? What's the difference between the two?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure...maybe someone from TCTUNERZ.COM can answer that...just noticed that they were shipping it...me...I am still waiting for my INJEN CIA...I am told it should be available in a couple of weeks...still waiting
I hate waiting!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
So far the difference between AEM and EMS is as follows: EMS CAI exists, AEM CAI doesn't.

I would not rush into purchasing the EMS CAI for several reasons:

1) there are no dynos from the company.
2) there are no independent dynos
3) there are no independent reviews
4) $349 is WAY too much for a CAI - they are obviously playing on "beight the first"

·
Registered
116 Posts
By the way the supercharger supposedly includes the cold air intake at least thats what the "TRD" guy told me at Scion night.. not 100% sure he's right be it would be worth getting confirmation on.

K

·
Registered
290 Posts
does anybody have a pic of the AEM CAI installed?? This EMS looks like it goes down behind the radiator??? not very cold down there. The stock airbox pulls air from the inner fender.(I thought this is where the AEM goes too??) That would be a much better place to get cold air plus it keeps the pipe away from that hot ass exhaust!!!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Last I heard from both McGeorge's and my dealership, the CAI for the tC hadn't been released yet...

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah i know it is not "out" yet but there has to be a prototype shot out there somewhere showing placement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Sep 13 2004, 05:17 PM
Oh wait.  That's 3hp and 2lb/ft torque with the intake AND cat back exhaust by EMS.  That's pathetic.
no you had it right the first time. the base dyno run is with exhaust and the gain is with the intake added on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
any word on the AEM intake shipping date?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Sep 13 2004, 10:12 PM
$349.00 for 3HP!!!!!!
-T
I know, right? Short and to the point, T.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Sep 13 2004, 09:12 PM
$349.00 for 3HP!!!!!!
-T
SC is cheaper than that (per hp)

·
Registered
936 Posts
yea guys ...... im sorry i had to make such a satirical post. I know im supposed to be mature and help everyone out in my posts but seriously, anyone who pays that for a CAI is lacking serious common sense and theres NO way to make my opinion of it sound good. All I can do is chuckle at these company's and how stupid they think we really are. -T

1 - 20 of 85 Posts