Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I kinda like it actually. fits the overall tC style, you know...

yet, living in the area with STEEP hills, i don't think I'd be getting one (ah well, my tc would probably stay pretty close to stock, a/m security and minor things in interior probably.. maybe a custom decal or smth on the side...)

·
Registered
228 Posts
polyurethane?

and what is it then flexible? I mean my brother's matrix had a factory installed lip kit, which is not that low, and there are certain places where it just kept scratching the ground with it.... now one corner of it fell off, and the other is really loose....

anyhow, how would the polyurethane kit react? if it wouldn't brake, wouldn't it still get the paint scratched off the bottom all the time???

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'd have to see it in person to give you my full opinion... but from what I can tell in that pic... it looks pretty good. Maybe a bit over done... but hell.. its conservative compaired to most things in the market today. How much lower than stock is it?

·
Registered
614 Posts
i saw the auction on ebay for it. i'm not liking it. it doesn't fit with the look of the car. a whole new front bumper design is needed for that piece to really look good on the car. however, it might look good on a darker color, just like the factory kit does.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
that photo is at an odd angle. hard to tell what it does to the front profile. got any other pics? i will have reserve my opinion for when i see it better. but i am interested.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ okay, the front end shot on tctunerz shows the proifile - and it seems to be too wide at the bottom corners, not following the lines of the car as well as i would want a kit to. hmm.
my thumbs are turned half-way.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It looks like the bumper spontaneously multiplied.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Maybe if you are 16 this kind of design is considered awesome, but for some reason I want to think of the tC as of more refined kind of vehicle - something that should not be screaming "I am a r[a/i]cer kid!"... Just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Really? That's what you think it screams? Cause I kinda thought it screamed something more like, "HEY! Look at me! I'm a really ugly car!"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I took a look at the "teaser" pics, and it doesn't do much for me. I don't hate it, but I definitely don't like it. The front is way too agressive with all the scoops. Just not my cup of tea, I'm sure there are people that will like/buy it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 30 2004, 07:13 AM
Maybe if you are 16 this kind of design is considered awesome, but for some reason I want to think of the tC as of more refined kind of vehicle - something that should not be screaming "I am a r[a/i]cer kid!"... Just my opinion, though.
I don't think it even remotely comes near that. It has no aggressive look, it doesn't look sporty or rice. It looks like a Dodge. 16 year olds SHOULDN'T like that kit, I being an example.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
after further review, the ruling on the field stands. the kit is not very appealing, at least from what we can see. the designer is charged with a timeout. it remains 2nd down.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts