Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 tc Scion from my neighbor for my 16 year daughter, the car was just sitting in their driveway for a about a year. They said it needed it a battery, so i put a new one in, it cranked for a few minutes before it finally started. Parked it for a about week and tried to start, someone left the dome light on and drained the battery, so i recharged the battery after a couple of hours it started up, let it run for a little but it would die again, i could jump it it would start then die about 10 to 15 min. later, so i changed the alternator. That seemed to work, and the car started after a few cranks, i let the car run for a good 2 hours and all seemed fine. 3 days go by i went to start, and it just cranks it will not fire put battery charge on it for 2 hours and it started up. let it run for 1 1/2 turned it off and restarted no problem. next day did the same thing as the day before same results battery charge then starts but this time when i turned it off it just cranked over and would not start, any ideas where i might go, i do not want to keep dumping money into parts that i do not need. the car only has 150K miles on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts