Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2006 Scion tC. I have searched for answers and I'm at a loss. I ordered my car with the scion security system and the dealer assured that it was installed.

So, I take it home and it doesn't make any noise or anything letting me know it is armed. When I unlock and open the doors while the alarm is on, nothing happens, the alarm doesn't go off.

What kind of alarm is this? Should I take it back to the dealer? Please help!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It isn't a shock alarm. It is to prevent someone from 'stealing' the car. Im not sure exactly how it works, but try this:

1. Put the windows down
2. lock the car
3. Wait a couple minutes
4. Reach in and unlock the door with your finger and open it
5. See if the alarm goes off

I would imagine this should set it off.

Edit---The lack of shock sensor is a main reason most of us have aftermarket alarms

·
Registered
322 Posts
I NEVER buy factory alarms, I always go aftermarket. Most factory alarms just mean it has a starter disable, sometimes with a horn honk,and a keyless entry option. As I state before I only go aftermarket with alarms. But I'm no where near an expert on this car.... sorry

·
Registered
445 Posts
um yea dont get the factory alarm...costs alot more for less...got remote start viper alarm (shock alarm) and everthing for wayyyy less than scion "security"

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Guys, don't tell her not to get it when she clearly aready has it. It's not going to help anything. The optional alarm makes no noise when arming or disarming but it does flash the blinkers.

·
Registered
346 Posts
forget the factory alarm. all facotry alarms suck big buttage. i got a viper 791xv on mine. sure it cost me a crap load, but at least now i have peace of mind, with backup battery, window roll up/down, tilt sensor, paging, and audio sensor

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Sep 22 2005, 05:54 PM
Guys, don't tell her not to get it when she clearly aready has it. It's not going to help anything.
No, I wasn't just joking around. Be helpful or don't say anything.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
^^^seriously.

the sure fire way to know if scion security is already installed is to look for the Security LED. This should be located in one of the break aways near the mirror controls (this is also the same place the fog light switch and the interior LED switch is located.)

if it is not there you may still need to make your appointment to get this work done.

if you have any questions and you have the ability, take a picture of the left side of the dash and post it.

good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.