Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two questions:

1) with the scion security system, when you press the lock and unlock button on the key, is the alarm supposed to make a sound, or is it silent like if you only had keyless entry?

2) is the LED in the dash (not the one by the radio, but the one that they put on the drivers side dash that says "scion security") is it supposed to flash when the alarm is armed?

i'm asking these questions for someone else, i don't have this system so i don't know anything about it. he has the system but his tC never makes a sound when locking or unlocking and the LED never blinks when armed or when not armed. that doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The alarm doesn't honk and make a noise one you lock the doors. The light flashes. As for the LED light on the driver side, it's solid red when you first lock the car, after 30 seconds when the car is actually arm, it will start to blink.

·
Registered
542 Posts
does this mean that the horn doesnt chirp to tell you that the doors locked unless you have the security option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.