Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...im looking to learn more about the scion before I buy one. I can't seem to find the crash test results/safety reports. Anyone know where I can find them?

Thanks!

PS Anyone know of any bugs or recalls since the TC was released?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I tried looking for a crash rating test for the TC myself before i bought mine, there hasnt been one out yet. I bought it anyways.

But some states do their own crash rating tests and i know for a fact the dealership where i bought my car sold their very first tC to the Ohio Dept of Transportation for crash test purpose

it's not even 2005 and i am sure they will come around to it if they havent done it yet. but i assure you from hearing a few others involved in an accident that the tC is pretty safe overall. I wrecked my tC before i even made my first payment...yikes! the hood was damaged and the bumper is still in a perfect shape which still needs a touch up paint.

When they finally do annouce the crash rating test for the tC....you'll see a whole new thread on this topic as soon as it comes out.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Welcome to the site... I havent heard of any crash rating tests on the tC yet... I think its still new. There have been threads by people about their crashes and usually with pics. You can judge for yourself. I honestly think the tC will stand up pretty well because there are a lot of reinforcements in the car to compensate for the glass. If you look at the gallery or search in gallery, I think I posted some pics of a crashed tC from another forum. The roof stayed in tacted... the crumple zones did what they needed to do and kept the driver safe. I don't know what more you need to know. If you are really unsure, you can always wait for the 2006 model ... but by then... rumor has it that they will no longer have the glass roof.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The authoritative tests are the NHTSA ones, and they haven't been done on the tC yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts