Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of no call back...my Scion customer advocate, David, gave me a call today. He apologized for not calling me back, but had admitted my message i left for him had gotten lost in the shuffle.

After talking for a few minutes, he offered several helpful peices of information about getting my issues resolved....and had expressed seemingly genuine apoligies for the massive amounts of problems I have experienced with not only my car.....but the dealer I bought it from.

David and I have been in communcations for over 7 months, literally from the first couple weeks I owned my car. It was a downhill battle for him, as he tried to solve one problem for me.....another would rise and compound the situation. My dealer was the most incompetent and un-helpful organization you could imagine, which made David's job many times hard. Scion works through dealers to resolve problems, but when dealers dont do their job.......neither can Scion Customer Care.

After some more convo, I mentioned how my new dealer was giving me great service when I went in...etc.... David at this point, asked if i had any maintenece done on my vehicle, and i answered yes. My miles are very high so i have had over 7 oil changes and will be getting the 30k mile "service" done soon. Well I wont get into exact numbers........but Scion has offered ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL......to pick up my service and/or aftermarket part expenses for this year!

There is a limit to the $$$ amount but I can use it on whatever I wish. I consider this a great show of good-will from such a large corporation, and it really has revamped my faith in this organization. The money isnt so much the issue, its the fact that they made the offer....they took the time to call....and they didnt forget ME as a customer in the end...............THANK YOU SCION!!!

-T

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'm glad they resolved your issue somewhat, and I'm glad to know that Toyota is continuing to be a stand-up, customer-oriented company. Thanks for sharing this with us, T!

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's awesome; it's always nice to hear about instances where a company actually takes care of their customers instead of just making them take it up the tailpipe.

When I had my del Sol, the oxygen sensor went out in it at about 45K miles (after my warranty was up). I bought a new sensor and replaced it myself, and was happy that the funky engine problems I'd been having only cost about $110 to fix. About 6 months later, I got a postcard from Honda saying that there were some emissions problems on my car and the warranty on the emissions sytem had been extended to 120K miles. I called Honda, told the rep about what happened with my O2 sensor a few months earlier, and after faxing a copy of the invoice for the sensor, they reimbursed me for it. I was very impressed.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i sent your post on to my district rep, and to my regional director. figured they would like to here good news and good words. thanks again, t.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured you all would enjoy a more positive post from me for once HAHA. My attitude about this whole car went steeply down-hill once I started having quality issues.

It's easy for a gigantic (in this case...the #1 automaker in the world) company to lose sight of what matters most, the customer. Im sure David at Scion has about 4000 cases both big and small, waiting for resolution. I left him a message about two months ago to call me back, but when I did not here from him........I figured that he had gotten tired of almost-daily calls to him(i never got mad or raised my voice to him).

now this is what suprised me.........

The note to call me back was lost (as mentioned before)........so i asked how he knew to call me back?? He said he didnt, but he rememberd me very clearly...and the problems i had.......but never recalled us comming to a resolution. SO HE TOOK THE TIME TO GO BACK INTO MY CASE AND SAW THAT I HAD CALLED AND LEFT HIM THAT MESSAGE.................WOW!

Those of you who work or have worked in the customer-service industry know that maintaining that level of dedication to a job where your main duty is listening to complaints, is tough......but Scion does it!

Anyways, I think i've written enough about this. Big props to Scion Customer Solutions for turning me into an advocate for their brand again!

-T

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Mar 28 2005, 02:47 PM
That's great T... Thanks for sharing the good news! Too often people just post complaints & don't follow up when there are positive results, or good news in general. So, thanks again for sharing!
^^^ I second that. Thanks, T.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well I'm glad you got your problems fixed, tCrazy; DynoMat has held back most of my rattles for now, but doesnt the rattle warrenty run out t 12000 miles?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Mar 29 2005, 12:23 AM
Well I'm glad you got your problems fixed, tCrazy; DynoMat has held back most of my rattles for now, but doesnt the rattle warrenty run out t 12000 miles?
not sure.....If it does, im sure that im grandfathered in since i reported my original rattle at around 200 miles (haha). Ill do some research on that though, thanks for the heads up! -T

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's great news! It's good to know that in the end, Scion really does care for its customers.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt.

as for not covering rattles and squeaks, i would hope that if it is a problem with the welds on the hatch, they still pay attention. my car goes into the shop for the MDT to look into. the report of what we find and conclude will be forwarded to jim teely, the regional service dept god. apparently, thats the chain of command it has to go through. so, everyone who has rattle, lets line up at the service drive and start complaining. my district rep said this is the way to do it, and from there, scion will take over to correct what needs corrected. but it has to start with one of your dealers MDT's.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
however, i know nothing of a rattle clause in my warranty that says after 12K you are on your own. but i should look, cause i was over that mark a minute ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.