Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there is probably no Scion TC projector headlights out yet so i wont be surprised, however, does anyone know where you can buy OEM style Scion TC headlights online? and about how much do they run?

the reason i ask is because i want to do a H.I.D. retrofit for when i get my TC.
i would prefer to get an extra set of headlights so i can send them out and have a company do a H.I.D. retrofit in them.

if anyone knows where to get some OEM style headlights online post up.

or maybe projector headlights..... but i highly doubt there are any.

thanx

·
Registered
426 Posts
HID's are for people that are blind, and like blinding people when they have them on..just buy xenon gas bulbs in super white..then add some aftermarket fogs..and if u were going for looks, the focus on your car isnt gonna be headlights..trust me

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just one word to the wise. Illegal. HID retrofits are illegal, and I can't think of a more obvious equipment violation. Next thing you know, they'll be doing roadside smog checks to see if you have a working catalytic converter. OH, wait, they ARE doing that here...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Using Hella projectors and ballast is a safe way to retrofit. But buying an HID kit with 9006 adapters and installing it directly into the stock housing is bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If he is doing a retrofit...technically it's not illegal. Its beautiful. I did it on mine...you can see pictures in the electrical/lighting section of the fourms. I hope it comes out great...BTW don't say hid they all think its the stupid plug in kits.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by it8ezbngrn@Jun 5 2005, 08:06 PM
Using Hella projectors and ballast is a safe way to retrofit. But buying an HID kit with 9006 adapters and installing it directly into the stock housing is bad.
Why do you say that? my buddy did that on his tC and had great results. Perfect fit and no glare what so ever... at least nothing more than my Luminics bulbs have. He is very pleased with the plug in kit, and the one good thing about that is its 100% reversable. It only took him 30 minutes to install them and they were working. I agree a true retrofit looks better, but its MUCH more expensive and much harder to reverse if need be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts