Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around fori nsurnace and what not. Ya know when you have the drop down scroll menu. On alot of car insurnace sites scion is not listed. Even with my insurnace company there saying they can't give me a number I guess of what catergory my car is. Scion has been out for a year or two, shouldn't it be reconized by now??I definetly want to get a cheaper rate but I get so tired of hearing my car is to new. Ok I will admit that when I was younger I got in to it with the law and got a DUI, that was a while ago and I'm paying almost as much for my insurance as I am my car note. Any recommendations for Sr-22 insurnace carriers with descent rates??

·
Registered
299 Posts
um... i had no problems lookin for insurance with the major carriers (geico, all-state, progressive, state farm) they all had scion listed, although some did nto have the tC.. if you call them, they just ask you for info on the car and they can give you a quote based on the car info. So either your insurance company is a dinky company thats giving u the runaround or the person u talked to is clueless

·
Registered
614 Posts
yeah, most of the big companies have scion listed. the tC is new so the only problem that i noticed was there wasn't really a listing for it yet when i got mine, which was about two months after it came out.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
As of like two weeks ago, Geico, Nationwide, and Progressive still didn't list the tC on their online quote things.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I use Allied and they had to base my insurance rate on the value of the vehicle and safety options I told them about. Make sure when you get a quote that you mention the engine disabler, airbags (knee too), 4 wheel abs, etc.

Don't let them compare it to the Corolla XRS, its in a higher rate class.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used State Farm and they had the TC listed when I called, I was shocked when they stated that the monthly payment was gonna be 87 bucks a month. It was classified as a 2 door hatch, man I was happy...

·
Registered
299 Posts
87 bucks a month? damn that's cheap... u must live in the middle of no where

·
Registered
299 Posts
i pay like 110 a month for the minimum required for virginia

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Again, comparing apples to monkeys here -- mine islike $1,700 a year, but I almost certainly have better coverage than you guys who are paying under a thousand bucks a year.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I forgot -- you live in Kansas and I live in the city with the second highest per capita crime rate in the U.S. That might have as much to do with it as anything. Anyway, my figures:

Collision: $500 Deductible
Comprehensive: $250 Deductible
Liability: $100,000 Property Damage, $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury
Uninsured Motorists: $25,000 Property Damage, 100/300 Bodily Injury $250 Deductible
Loss of use coverage, rental car payments, and towing and labor coverage.

The insurance company also makes a difference. For example, I've yet to meet anyone who has been satisfied with Progressive. I have Nationwide, and they have been great in the 9 years I've had them.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Marty - 480 each 6 months is 960 a year....I have State Farm and mine is
Collision: 250$
Comprehensive: $100
Uninsured motorist $25,000
The same coverages you have for Liability, Property damage, and bodily injury.
Only thing I don't have/need is towing and labor, rental car and loss of use. but that couldn't be too much added to your policy.

On a side note, I get pretty big discounts for:
A) Good driver discount for years n' years. I think it's 15%
B) Multi-Line for having my house insured with State Farm...also 15% I believe.

Plus the standard safety discounts for the airbags, yada yada yada.

And it is apples to monkeys based on city location
I couldn't imagine what mine would go to in Atlanta.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea, that sucks for me. I have every available discount, including passive restraint, long term customer (thanks to my parents), home & car, and safe driver...I've even got the "Over 25" rate. Bastards.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by moogoo@Nov 24 2004, 10:41 PM
87 bucks a month? damn that's cheap... u must live in the middle of no where
heh i got cheaper with progressive 75 bucks a month with one ticket and another driver on the same policy who has 4 tickets. still managed with 75 bucks!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz@Nov 26 2004, 06:59 PM
heh i got cheaper with progressive 75 bucks a month with one ticket and another driver on the same policy who has 4 tickets. still managed with 75 bucks!!!
I just hope for your sake that you never have to make a claim, from what I've heard about Progressive...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I hate you guys

I got the same options as b4s; however, I'm paying $300 more

Then again... I am only 20. Same city as the quote, got mine through USAA.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by Obike@Nov 29 2004, 10:33 AM
I hate you guys

I got the same options as b4s; however, I'm paying $300 more
I'm with Obike.. I'm paying almost $300/mo.. more than any of my friends in Denver, and I have the best record. Turning 25 soon.. we'll see what that does for me, eh?

-K

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Nov 26 2004, 06:05 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Nov 26 2004, 06:05 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bizzyliz
@Nov 26 2004, 06:59 PM
heh i got cheaper with progressive 75 bucks a month with one ticket and another driver on the same policy who has 4 tickets.  still managed with 75 bucks!!!
I just hope for your sake that you never have to make a claim, from what I've heard about Progressive...
[/b]
I've gone up against Progressive and that was a major pain in the ass! I had to fight for each and every little thing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.