Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to give my impression of Scion Night at 6 Flags Marine World in Vallejo, CA... Even though my girlfriend, another friend and I showed up at around 8:00 and it ended at 10:00, we had a great time! We instantly found Damon in the parking lot & got a spot in the row right above his car... After a long walk from the lot to the park, we got inside and saw some show cars set up, including some crazy xBs & a supercharged tC (pics below)!
The lines were short, but we were only able to make it on to two rides, but had fun nonetheless... It had been a really long time since I've been to an amusement park like that, so I had a hard time wiping the grin off my face!
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hang out w/ anyone else from the site - Luckily we found Damon, met up w/ Mickael inside, and I was able to meet Wolo at Maita earlier in the day when they were getting ready to leave...
I wish we got there earlier so I could take some better pics & go on more of the rides, but we still had a great time & I hope everyone else did too

SuperCharged tC & trailer:

SuperCharger Close-up:

Modified xB w/ lights & hood:

Indigo Ink Pearl w/ body kit & rims:

Damon's tC in parking lot:

·
Registered
425 Posts
When I get home from work I will be posting my secret video footage of certain persons at the event

.... you know who you are ....

BTW... it was really cold to pump everyone up and then send them back to Sac through tons of road work.

I thought we were going to get some company on the way home but I guess they never caught up

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I actually had a great drive back to Sac. There were a few streches of serious slowdowns, but for the most part, I was flying.

Made it home fast faster than I did on the way out there.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Sep 11 2004, 10:57 AM
I actually had a great drive back to Sac.  There were a few streches of serious slowdowns, but for the most part, I was flying.

I thought I was going to meet the infamous WOLO - what a let down.... but I did get to talk with InvGod & Greg all night
this is what I am going to look like next time there is a get together

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Tonic@Sep 11 2004, 11:52 AM
When I get home from work I will be posting my secret video footage of certain persons at the event

.... you know who you are ....

BTW... it was really cold to pump everyone up and then send them back to Sac through tons of road work.

I thought we were going to get some company on the way home but I guess they never caught up

Hmm... come on I wanna see that secret video of yours

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now have patience!!

Soon you will see it

(I hope you aren't really expecting much)

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by Tonic+Sep 11 2004, 01:12 PM-->QUOTE (Tonic @ Sep 11 2004, 01:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolo
@Sep 11 2004, 10:57 AM
I actually had a great drive back to Sac.  There were a few streches of serious slowdowns, but for the most part, I was flying.

I thought I was going to meet the infamous WOLO - what a let down.... but I did get to talk with InvGod & Greg all night
this is what I am going to look like next time there is a get together

[/b]
Didn't know I was exactly "infamous" just yet, but sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. I drove down with Damon and Mike, hung out with them for a while, then hit the rides.

Definitely excited about another get-together though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
next nor-cal event is in the planning stages, hoping to launch details in the coming week or two - give everyone time to plan for it. i demand a high turn out for this one, it could very well be the event that puts this site on the radar, or gets eric sued...

thanks to everyone for coming out. thanks to wolo and todd and mickael for the company on the drive out there, and to eric just cause, well, i like thanking eric for anything i can. so much of his time and effort has resulted in our being able to meet up and get together. the next round is on me, bro.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
oh, and little miss video camera?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Just wanted to say my wife and I had a great time. Rode all but Medusa, saw the ski show and the whale show. Got in a few minutes w/ Damon & Mickael (sorry we didn't hook up later). Good to meet Chris and sorry we didn't get to meet Eric...maybe next time. Loved the SC tC!! On the way out, they were throwing Scion T-shirts out to the croud. I got 5!! Cool shirts. Did anyone get any of the Scion LED necklaces I saw in some of those show cars? I'd trade one for a shirt. Anyway, it was a good time. Hope to participate in a few more events real soon.

Edit-Hey, this post just made me a Scion Guru!! It's about time!

BTW-Damon, sure glad my wife saw all those tC's on the stock 17's. She compared your 18's and loved it. I've finally talked her into getting 18's...thanx! Now I just have to work on the springs...GFL!!!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I was really happy to see everybody out there. Shelley had a great time and think all of you are really weird.... Just kidding we had a blast.

The construction really did not slow us down too much.

My sister thinks my friends are odd. Like she should have expected any different.
m

one more thing. I took some pictures in the parking lot click here to check them out.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, WTF is the question indeed. thats a tiburon, and i know the owner, he came in to test drive a tC one night. not sure how he made it into the scion only parking lot. there was also a Z3 hatch down there. at least the tiburon is a coupe. still, i think the guard to the scion lot entrance must have just seen a lowered coupe and figured it was a tC. how lame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts