Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or is the tC the only car in the scion line that actually is worth buying...i mean seriously, who wants to drive a freezer on wheels...nd the other one basically looks like the toyota matrix...but worse

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would, or might, go for the shoe box on wheels xB if it has the same 2.4 engine.

It's 500 lbs lighter (wheeeeeee!!!!), doesn't have the fancy roof, 4 doors, TONS of space inside and out.

But the only thing with driving a shoe box isthe fact that (it's true) it gets VERY noisy when you go faster than 40mph. listening to music is not very enjoyable with that car.

I've owned 3 different coupes/2-door cars. Luckily the tC is very roomy so it doesn't feel like any of my old coupes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Depending on what you do and how you use the car.

Here in DC, the traffic is nasty so the xA (or xB) is good on your wallet and since they're small, parking in these tiny parking lots are much easier than larger cars.

Heck, they're so cheap why not get like an xA for every day driving and then use the tC for weekend or night cruise ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Originally posted by Samsingha@Sep 2 2005, 06:24 AM
Depending on what you do and how you use the car.

Here in DC, the traffic is nasty so the xA (or xB) is good on your wallet and since they're small, parking in these tiny parking lots are much easier than larger cars.

Heck, they're so cheap why not get like an xA for every day driving and then use the tC for weekend or night cruise ?
OHH~ you're in DC? i'm not too far from DC.. i'm in Harrisburg PA.. we all should meet up after i get my car.. lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
i agree-- IMO the xb and xa are two of the more (if not most) ugly cars ive ever seen, but the tc, now thats a thing of beauty!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the XB's are different. I wouldnt say that they are ugly or anything like that. Peopl just dont like anything that looks different. i heard they handle like a marsh mellow though. But they do look sick when people pimp them out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, the handling on the other models dont compare to the tc and thats also an important aspect. we all know that the box isnt built for speed being that it has a total lack of aerodynamics, but there are many other uses such as cargo transporation etc... The thing i like about the tc is that it looks amazing just left stock, while something like the XA blends in with the road. I can understand the "different" look of the xb (the box) but as far as the xa goes, it just is plain boring.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by s4snowboard@Sep 2 2005, 11:06 AM
I can understand the "different" look of the xb (the box) but as far as the xa goes, it just is plain boring.
xB is really "you get it or don't, but take your time" kind of car. When I first saw it it was the ugliest car I've ever saw. But later it grew on me.

If function and cargo room is what you need, you can literally die from laugther seeing how roomy that car is. It's amazing, and you can fold the rear seats and make it into a mini van-like car. And everything is standard.

For people whose jobs require room in the car, but find the idea of a SUV offensive, xB is the answer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by scion06@Sep 2 2005, 10:01 AM
Peopl just dont like anything that looks different.
you can't generalize so much-- SOME people will like the look because it's different, and SOME people won't because it looks like a toaster on wheels...

its just an opinion thing

·
Registered
243 Posts
why would you want to buy another scion model? cause they are great inexpensive cars. just cause you dont like something doesnt mean others won't love it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I personally REALLY like my '06 xA. I looked at the xA and xB while we were buying our '05 tC. Went back a few months later and test drove the xA and xB. We like both, but decided on the xA partly because of the way it looked, I think it's cute in an oddly ugly sort of way
, and partly because it had a bit more pep than the xB.

We're now a 2 Scion family.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well let me chime in as a owner of 2 of the 3 Scion models. I have the tC and the xB. I bought the tC first and the xB about 8 months later. It may come as a shock to some on this site, but if I had to have one car only...if I had to choose...it would be the xB. It is roomy, economical, fun to drive in town (and that accounts for about 90% of my driving), has great visibility and the paint quality is far better than the tC. Sure it is a box on wheels. Sure some think it is funny looking. It is a little buzzy at highway speeds but it has less little rattles, and overall it is quieter than my tC with the TRD exhaust and howling Yokohama tires. They are both very good cars designed for a different purpose. I would assume the xA has it virtues as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright well i guess it really depends on the buyers intended use for the vehicle, i went with the tc for its curves and elegant glow but i can understand why people would like the other models

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
if they make like 600 different brands and types of shoes, i doubt 3 cars cover the spectrum of people's needs. its a matter of different purposes

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Originally posted by s4snowboard@Sep 2 2005, 11:06 AM
yea, the handling on the other models dont compare to the tc and thats also an important aspect. we all know that the box isnt built for speed being that it has a total lack of aerodynamics, but there are many other uses such as cargo transporation etc... The thing i like about the tc is that it looks amazing just left stock, while something like the XA blends in with the road. I can understand the "different" look of the xb (the box) but as far as the xa goes, it just is plain boring.
Nothing lacks aerodynamics things only have poor aerodynamic qualities. every thing in the world has aerodynamics it is just how good it passes thru the air is what makes it sleeker or easier for air to pass around.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
^^^To add:
Actually, the way the surface is structured, and even how the underside of the car is built/shaped is very important to aerodynamical sleekness. I honestly don't think the overall drag coefficient on the box is much worse than the tC, i think the center of gravity is your handling issue.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I thought that xB was the ugliest thing around when they first introduced it with the xA. So I figured that I would get the xA.... then the tC came out & HOLY MOLY!!! Now the xB has grown on me & I don't particularly like the xA,,, well..... I just wouldn't buy one... let's say that.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm trying to convince my wife to get an xB when it comes time to get rid of her Camry. She wants a Highlander, though. I just wish the xB would at least have had the 1.8 liter engine out of the Corolla. That would have been sweet, because they could have put a 2ZZ-GE in there. That would be a fast little box.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.