Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to leave work to take my tC out in the wet stuff; it's been raining hard here on and off all afternoon - hopefully I won't have any encounters with the ABS. I'm also interested to see how the Bridgestone Potenzas perform in the rain. I'll post results later tonight when I'm back home. I love my car!

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
That would be good to know how it does in the rain.

Gets pretty wet in Sacramento during the winter...

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have had the chance to drive an extensive amount in the rain (unfortunatly) since I got my tC. So far I have been very impressed with the performance of the RE92's. Of course, when the road is wet my mind automatically pushes me to "conservative" mode on the street so I cant say I have had any ABS experiences yet but im sure you will be impressed!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm excited to finally get my car this weekend. Despite living in Seattle, I haven't seen rain for two months. It was a record 102 degrees over the weekend and it's been a constant 85 degrees through the week. I'm glad you brought the topic up though cause I am very curious as to how the car handles in the rain.

·
Registered
936 Posts
keep in mind that the car is a portly 3000 lbs......you wont get thrown all over the place when you hit a puddle like you would in a little econo-box

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I DID get the opportunity to drive quite a bit in the rain this evening - and by all means the car is very solid. Aside from excellent handling and braking during torrential downpours, I also was able to evaluate the wipers - also excellent. Once in my town (very rural) and on a smooth road, I tossed it around a bit, with and without brakes, and I didn't get it to break from the pavement. I was not pushing it too hard, but based on initial observations, the tC impresses in the rain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great in the rain IMHO. I had to hit the brakes pretty hard last night when this "idiot" stopped in the middle of the highway....luckily it was only the 2 of us on the road and I was only doing about 40 (slowed down earlier cause I thought I saw a cop).....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I live in NC and i just got my car on Sat! YAY!! i went from the dealer to the base and then from the base to raleigh, and it rained about 7 different times there and another 5 on the way back.. I would just like to say that this car is awesome in the rain! the wipers are perfect and get every single drop of water on the windshield.. I love it!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats on your new car littled238. Don't you just love NC weather? When I first drove my tC in the rain I hadn't had the car for very long and was driving like I would have when I had my focus and was very impressed. Places where I would normally lose traction with the focus the tC was very solid. My only problem was it was night and I was having trouble figuring out the intermittent wipers but I have since figured those out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts