Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The xB and the Xa are ok, gave scion a name and something reconizable. But their not even tru scions. As im sure you guys know, the tC is the first scion made specifically for scion, its been in production for a very long time. Im not sure why they couldnt have put the tC in their, ive seen plenty of concept cars not even in production in previouse GT's.

· Registered
980 Posts
GT4 has been in production for a long time, and they had car information unknown to the public. The excuse of tC being introduced late into the making of GT4 is not really valid, as they could've easily done it.
I guess Scion, at the time, didn't feel like paying them to add it in.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I'm happy tC is not in some funny console game - no need for kids to see it and like it. Keep it a rare kid-free car

· Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Feb 22 2005, 04:59 PM
GT4 has been in production for a long time, and they had car information unknown to the public. The excuse of tC being introduced late into the making of GT4 is not really valid, as they could've easily done it.
I think you have it backward....the game publisher has to buy licenses from the car manufacturers.

· Registered
980 Posts
Need For Speed Underground 2, it was the other way around. Car companies paid them, well then again they paid so they wouldn't add damage function to the cars.

GT4 will not have damages because car companies don't want it. All I know is they did pay Sony.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to add the tC. All the cars are just phyisics numbers. They are calculated to messure a = speed b = drag c = weight d = negitive acceleration and e = skidpad sideways g force. The computer takes these variables and the progrmer adds the different numbers for every car. Now the computer just acts as a calculaor. It takes about 20 mins to add a new set of variables or you could say a new car.

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Feb 22 2005, 08:31 PM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Feb 22 2005, 08:31 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SilverX
@Feb 22 2005, 04:59 PM
I think you have it backward....the game publisher has to buy licenses from the car manufacturers. [/b]
Remember this is free advertising I think scion would donate the car.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Feb 22 2005, 09:58 PM
It wouldn't be hard to add the tC. All the cars are just phyisics numbers. They are calculated to messure a = speed b = drag c = weight d = negitive acceleration and e = skidpad sideways g force. The computer takes these variables and the progrmer adds the different numbers for every car. Now the computer just acts as a calculaor. It takes about 20 mins to add a new set of variables or you could say a new car.
As a avid game programmer, having friends that worked on the Need for Speed games and Forza Motorsport, I can easily say that it is not as easy as that. For Forza Motorsport Microsoft would do extensive testing (the development team was actually in the testing as well) in each car before attempting to put it in game. They'd also capture live video and such to see the cars handling characteristics. There is a lot more going on than "just plugging in a few numbers".

Also, the car companies didn't actually pay EA sports for not including damage functionality.... they just reduced the amount of money it would cost for licensing each vehicle.

· Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Feb 22 2005, 04:59 PM
Manufacturers don't need to pay to be in these games. When they put JL Audio in Need for Speed Underground, all that was required was a signature on an agreement and artwork.
I worked for a performance parts manufacturer for a short while and we always worked with Rock Star Games. They even put one of our demo vehicles in one of the games...forgot which one. That company got lots of exposure through these games and they didn't need to pay for it.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Like Obike said it does take alot more than just knowing the physics of the cars to add them to a game. You have to consider all the modeling that is required as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.