Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased and installed the scion fog lights on my tC. When I called before I ordered them. I spoke with Ken and asked if the fog lights turn on with out any other lights. He said yes but it's not true or is it? My fog lights only come on when you turn on the low beams and that's it. I would like to have the fog lights on without low beams having to be on. Kinda like using the fog lights for day time running lights. Is it possible to do something with the wiring so the fog lights fucntion independent??

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Interesting, mine don't require lo-beams to be on for the fog lights to be on...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you set up your lights as listed in the instructions. I'm thinking it has something to do with the relay in the fuse box. Also how did you get all the c-clips in the grill. Those were a pain in the a**

·
Registered
113 Posts
you will have to add an auxillary 12v line from the battery or another constant 12v source to a switch in your dash then tie back into the wiring harness at the turn on terminal for the relay. That would allow you dual functionality. You could use them the way they work now but also you could turn off the regular switch and use the new one to turn them on and off whenever you want. But be careful if you do this because I'm fairly certain that the main power run to the relay on that kit is constant so if you turn your car off and forget the new switch on it would leave the fog lights on and it would drain your battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.