Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey anybody know of any ECU's for sale besides the UNICHIP mod. also how does the unichip preform?

·
Registered
51 Posts
where did u find a unichip? how much was it?

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
The problem with unichip is that it is VERY hard to find a place that can tweak them for a decent price... hell... it's hard to find anyone that can tune them period

I'd say no to the unichip and just go with an eManage personally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I had way too much fun with Unichip personally. Was on the phone with Jack Friedman (USA boss of Unichip) for several weeks. Had my car at their "authorized" shop for a day and then again for 3 weeks, ended up with a 3-week rental bill, and could barely get my money back for the unit. Oh and I went through 3 or 4 kits, each had a unique issue with it.

All that was for a SC'd Matrix. So yeah, unless you live in Oregon (or wherever their HQs are), I would not not go anywhere near their stuff.

·
Registered
550 Posts
As Zolitz said, its just not worth all the hassle. Unichip will not do anything for a stock engine. Its designed to re-tune your engine after performance mods are completed. If you had I/H/E then you will see some improvement as it will re-tune the ECU to work in harmony with those mods.
A good application would be with a turbo. As far as Unichiping when the TRD SC comes out...... I would just leave the tunning to TRD. Other companies such as Split Second will come out with black boxes to re-tune the SC... but Ill save that for another time. (We don't even have a SC yet)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.