Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on Scion.com, and talked to a Scion Customer service rep. I asked the rep that if I were to add a aftermarket exhaust, would it void my warranty on the stock exhaust or whole car. The Rep said that if I was to put on a exhaust system other then TRD, it could void my warranty on the whole car, not just on the stock muffler. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
The dealer has to prove that whatever went wrong with the car came from the aftermarket part. If your planning on gettin an axle back and something goes wrong with your car, just put the stock exhaust back on, shoudn't take more than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, but this would also include air intakes. I just want to make sure before I do it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Called my local Toyota dealer, and they say that it would just be the exhaust and not the whole car. I think I might need to get something in writing.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the dealer is accurate. of all the tC's i have worked on for people, the only things that are not covered are the parts i have installed for them. for example, i did moriarty's springs. if his transmission dies, its covered. if the strut fails, its on him.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I was waitin for invitable to get into the thread
But yea it goes also for air intakes, however, DO NOT go with Weapon R.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
and practiced daily by many, i imagine. its the kind of thing that can affect the cost of services and warranties as well as it being shady. naturally, as i dealer, i would never condone such a thing.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 4 2006, 12:23 PM
The simple answer is yes, it is true. Also, what JP suggests is fraud.
True, and i don't intend on doing it. Besides when has an axle back ever created problems? ( Knock on wood ). However, many people do it. I didn't tell him to go for it, i just said it was an option. And after reading some of the screwed up things dealers have done to people, including myself, sometimes i say F*** em. Don't get me wrong, ive had excellent customer service with almost every dealer ive ever bene to. But theres always that one dealer...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i said as a dealer...

but as a consumer...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Jan 4 2006, 05:47 PM
True, and i don't intend on doing it. Besides when has an axle back ever created problems? ( Knock on wood ). However, many people do it. I didn't tell him to go for it, i just said it was an option. And after reading some of the screwed up things dealers have done to people, including myself, sometimes i say F*** em. Don't get me wrong, ive had excellent customer service with almost every dealer ive ever bene to. But theres always that one dealer...
Of course you're right about lots of dealers doing lots of crappy things to customers. On the other hand, using that as a rationale for defrauding them is kinda like stealing gas because it's overpriced -- they may be jerks, but you're still a thief.
Oh, and you're not really getting back at the dealer anyway, 'cause Toyota reimburses the dealer for warranty work...so you're just screwing Toyota, and indirectly, consumers.

But yea, I understand where you're coming from.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCinAZ+Jan 13 2006, 07:08 PM-->QUOTE (06TCinAZ @ Jan 13 2006, 07:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Jan 4 2006, 12:23 PM
The simple answer is yes, it is true.  Also, what JP suggests is fraud.
Only if you are caught
[/b]
And if not, it just results in higher prices for the rest of us.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.