Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anybody know where a link to diagram of transmisson for my 05 tc is? Im in desperate need to see what the gear ratio is for my spedometer cable, and how to replace it please please please anybody that can help ill be forever in ur debt. Thanks Greg

· Registered
288 Posts
Either, got a speeding ticket and wants to claim mechanical defect, or is trying to beat the speed limiter.

In both cases, pointless. The TC has a 4 wheel speed pickup (how the tire pressure warning works) so, if you manage to mess one of them up, it will take the info from the 3 working ones that check, and tell you that you've got a flat.

The TC redlines at max speed i believe in a stick, and you wouldn't want to go much faster anyways, so that also is kinda pointless.

You could install diffrent sized tires, but that prob. more expensive than the reason you would want to do this. smaller tires make it read fast, and if it is to claim mech. on a speeding tix, and it's because of diffrent sized tires you put on, guess what, still your fault.

There is no mecahnical cable anymore... hense the "sweep" digital needle with high low pots. maybe if you could get into the programing of the cluster, you could change the pot scale, or some other settings. you enter the program mode but taking the positive cable off the starter, not the battery while leaving the negative on the battery, take the cover off the ecu box, and run a jumper from the ecu to pos. cable, then turn ingition on to start. You should see sparks/ flashing lights and you know you did it right. ***( disclaimer- kidding if you do this, you deserve what happenes)_****

disclaimer added^^

· Registered
6,498 Posts
FYI, I dunno about other states -- although I have a strong hunch -- but in this state, it's no excuse to a speeding ticket that your spedometer doesn't work.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
strip tyler is right on with the speedometer. sac speedo called my shop looking for the diagrams for the system (ABS to skid control ECU), so maybe someone is working on an aftermarket splice for it, but i dont really see a real world application considering 99% of the market is not going to change their setup enough to warrant it.
there is a 3% error in the system from the factory, with about a 2mph higher indication at 25mph, making your 60mph speed about 55, and helping keep you from tickets in theory.
if you are really worried about effecting it, measure circumference of current wheel/tire, and then of replacement. the percent change will be the error of your speedo.

· Registered
288 Posts
back from the sarcastic, no electro-cutting of ECU's...

But on some speedo's you could calibrate it for the tire size... is our TC able or is that done and past?

I was thinking of running some 15's, because i want 1st gear to last untill only 5mph, and i want to tow a boat.

but really, can it be calibrated these days?

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
unless someone has a way to modify the signal sent from the ABS sensors, i dont think so.
Lance, what can you tell us about this, besides everything?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jan 4 2006, 12:37 PM
unless someone has a way to modify the signal sent from the ABS sensors, i dont think so.
Lance, what can you tell us about this, besides everything?
Besides everything? I dunno. Striptyler pretty much hit it on the head. Speed is calculated from the individual wheel speeds. I doubt there is any ability to change it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.