Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone recommend/comment on purchasing satellite radio for an 05 TC?
I have read that 06 models have the ability to connect an IPod to the stereo.
I'm not a stereo expert so wondered if that could be done w/an 05.
Any help would be swell.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I personally wouldnt opt for the dealer one. I would try and get it aftermarket, it might be cheaper...the dealer wants way to much for the antenna thing a ma bob. IMO i just stick to the radio and cd's/mp3s it's cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased the OEM Sirius kit for my 2006 tC. Has anyone performed the installation themselves? If so, any tips or words of caution? Is this a DIY, or something best left to a pro installer? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
^^^ Free service for a year is a good deal - saves you $150 on the spot...

As far as install goes - there is no rocket science behind it, get the install manual and go by the book if you don't feel comfortable improvising. I did several XM installs myself - if you do it by the book it takes couple of hours, but there is a way to mount both the receiver and the antenna under the dash - this makes the install cleaner and takes way less time since you don't have to pull off the front seat, half of the car's interior panels and the rear bumper. Sirius might be different, though - I think they mount the antenna on top of the windshield, and it makes it even less clean than XM install...

·
Registered
372 Posts
I picked up Sirius (sorry, Stern does really rule!). I used a portable mount as I like to have the Sirius in the house or in another car depending on travel habits. Not as clean of an install per se, but worth it for portability!!

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.