Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about adding the satelite feature in my tc. Should I just go to my dealer for install? How much will it cost me to install and then afterwards how much a month?
Is this feature worth getting even at all?

·
Registered
515 Posts
SAT radio is pretty good. My friends have it and I like the stations on it. Definatly worth the money the more I ride in there cars. Its about 142.00 a month I think. I heard you can get some pretty good deals on it now, like get a free year free and other good stuff. Or you can pay like 499.00 and get it free for life. Which is even better, I might look into that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by ang@May 24 2005, 12:29 AM
I'm thinking about adding the satelite feature in my tc. Should I just go to my dealer for install? How much will it cost me to install and then afterwards how much a month?
Is this feature worth getting even at all?
i don't understand how someone could pay $142 a month for either XM or Sirius radio? it's like $10 for XM and $13 for Sirius..

I like the idea of satellite radio in the tC.. I've just been thinking why spend all the money to have it hard wired in the car and not be able to take it with you into your home? I personally have been leaning towards the add-on kits, with the FM modulators.. or using PIE's aux line in connector (hooks into the headunit through the wire harness) to get the signal in.. that way i can take the module into the house and still enjoy sat radio.. better deal i think.. that's my $0.02..

and for me? I'd go with Sirius.. I think it sounds better to my ears.. you can always go to like best buy or circuit city to listen to both XM and Sirius.. see for yourself..

·
Registered
515 Posts
AHH okay I typed that wrong its like 142.00 a year not a month. Sometimes my fingers get ahead of my brain.

·
Registered
266 Posts
XM had a price increase for their service in April. That makes both XM and Sirius the same price now. The sound quality is the same..too me...just the programing is a little different. I figured I would give XM a years try and locked in the old rate by payng for a year. I love it so far. I even get to watch all my stock go down with the stock ticker when I drive. if you see a driver with tears in his eyes driving a tc...it is just me. reception is great with only just a couple of dead air times of a few seconds in 3 months. I am using a Delphi Roadie with the fm modulator so I can take it inside the house too.

·
Registered
542 Posts
you can get a free 3 day trial of sirius sat. radio on their website. it's amazing the difference listening to radio with out commercials too.

·
Registered
580 Posts
oh wow, I didnt know about the 3 day trial. Cool. I want to see whats so different compared to xm. I currently have xm at home but want to switch to sirius cuz I've heard so many good things. Gonna go give that a try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just bought an expensive Kenwood deck with Sirus built into the radio (better sound quality since not FM modulated) for my 91 SHO.

I bought my Scion maybe a month later, I think I'm just gonna rip out the pain in a butt factory deck and throw that in there and have my Sat. radio back.

·
Registered
843 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.