Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many posts, searched tons of times, but Im still not sure which springs to get. I am going to be on 18's, which do you think looks best, the S-Techs or the TRD Springs? Please post your opinions and pics of your drops, to compare. Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I personally have the s techs and love the drop and the ride isnt harsh at all. The size of your rims have no bearing on the drop because whether you have 17s 18s or even 19's the circum. of your tire shouldnt change much if properly up sized.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
yes, wheel size is not a big concern. anyway, i prefer the TRD rims because they reduce the gap lightly. maybe it was only one tC i saw with s techs, but it seemed that the wheels were covered by the drop because it was lowered so much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tCs have such a ugly wheel gap especially in the back ..... TRD only drop inch which i think for the money its not even worth it and drop is barely noticeable....i purchased goldlines which is a 2inch drop and looks clean gives the tC much better look.... if ud like to see some pics look at the members section i posted some pics of my ride

·
Registered
346 Posts
im getting the TRD springs and shocks. i feel it closes enough of the wheel gap, and enhances the performance, while still having a comfrotable ride. and you can never go wrong with TRD parts on a toyota.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by CraniumDesigns@Jul 27 2005, 11:02 AM
im getting the TRD springs and shocks. i feel it closes enough of the wheel gap, and enhances the performance, while still having a comfrotable ride. and you can never go wrong with TRD parts on a toyota.
I would agree with that.

Ken

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am getting TRD springs. I'm not replacing the struts etc. and TRD's are the only ones that won't destroy my stock stuff. also they get rid of the gap and increase performance. (only thing that im wondering is if they are worth 363-410$ If anyone has a better thing for me to spend that cash on tell me)

·
Registered
346 Posts
the springs should cost you 199 from the dealer. and they a bit cheaper at www.mcgeorgeparts.com. the install is what gets you. if you plan to put on sturts at an point in the future, i'd get em now and not have to pay twice for the install.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by Shark_bite@Jul 27 2005, 01:54 PM
I am getting TRD springs. I'm not replacing the struts etc. and TRD's are the only ones that won't destroy my stock stuff. also they get rid of the gap and increase performance. (only thing that im wondering is if they are worth 363-410$ If anyone has a better thing for me to spend that cash on tell me)
Hey,

They're only $145.00 at www.trdsparks.com for a limited time.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...11&parts_id=325

Ken

·
Registered
346 Posts
hey ken. you got the same prices as mcgeorgeparts.com and your site is easier to navigate. ill be ordering from you for all my offical toyota parts.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by CraniumDesigns@Jul 28 2005, 01:24 PM
hey ken. you got the same prices as mcgeorgeparts.com and your site is easier to navigate. ill be ordering from you for all my offical toyota parts.
Another member converted to the religion of Ken the low price parts guy.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
nonsense. every member on this board should end every post they make in one of your threads with

ken is the trd master. ive been known to order from him instead of my own parts dept. so, ken... what kinda deal can you get me on the s/c?

oh, yeah, i have to end it with this -

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 28 2005, 08:06 PM
nonsense.  every member on this board should end every post they make in one of your threads with 

ken is the trd master.  ive been known to order from him instead of my own parts dept.  so, ken...  what kinda deal can you get me on the s/c?

oh, yeah, i have to end it with this - 

I just ordered some TRD springs from sparks a bit ago. There will be a few more
's if they get here in a reasonable amount of time

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.