Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Techs

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still a little tossed here about the S Techs and the H Techs I know that I do not want the TRDs just because it does not close the wheel gap enough for me. I am going to put 19s on my TC. Which spring do you think would be the best for me?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I was wondering when someone would declare the emperor nude. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by simplespirit@Mar 31 2005, 05:42 PM
If you upsize properly you'll have pretty close to the same gap whether you have 17s or 19s.
Thanks what I thought, but anyhow I am just going to stick with my TRDs

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The TRD springs are the perfect drop. you don't need to worry about a camber adjustment kit, its not so low you gotta worry about scraping everywhere, and it gets rid of the wheel gap (for the most part). I love the TRD springs... I have about 300 miles on them and i think they've finally settled in. I love the way they look. I wouldn't really want it any lower. And especially with 19" wheels... you'll be fine with the TRD springs.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
What's the difference in the two?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is more difference between the S-Tech and H-Tech besides lowering height...

TEIN S-Tech is for a more sporty feel. Usually S-Tech springs are Front Linier / Rear Progressive... Making for a sporty feel when driving straight with not too much bounce from the progressive rear springs... The front linier springs help with a stronger turn in and less body roll...

TEIN H-Tech is their more luxury spring... Both front and rear springs are progressive, (most of the time depending on application)... These springs generally make for a lowered car while retaining a smooth cushy ride... You will experience the same body roll and lean with the stock springs while have a little bit of a smoother feel...

If you want a sporty ride... go S-Tech... If you want a lower car but a smooth ride... Go H-Tech...

·
Registered
63 Posts
19's?? i dont know man, you do understand your gonna be giving up a considerable amount of driving comfort, in terms of feeling every pebble, crack and hole in the road, and also think about when you DONT dodge that big ass pothole, with 30 series tires your bound to bend a rim. just my opinion tho, personally 17's look great on the trd drop..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.