Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Woo that's low..... i'd hit the speed bumps in my 'hood.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not as low as you think. i can get off base wit no problems and i have to go over a decent size speed bump to get out. So they arent as low as you think but they are low.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by gotTC?@Jan 17 2006, 04:42 PM
are your rims bronze? springs look nice
Gold and silver they are the stockers but custom done.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well since we ####ed off for a lil bit it took us (my friend and I) 2 hours. This is an easy do it your self job. There are a couple of places that are a b!tch i will list them. 1 front cowling not that hard just annoying. 2 front sway bar put a jack stand underneath the A arm lower the jack a lil bit sway bar will move up and into position to put bolt back threw. 3 rear 2 shocks third bolt on other side of frame support for the seats (youll understand once you get to that point. 4 if you dont have air tools i pitty you. There are some ball joints in the front that need to be shocked with the air tool to come off. Other then that it isnt hard they look and feel great i recomend to all. Any other questions just ask.

The drop is 2.4 front, 2.0 back

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That looks pretty good. I can't figure out why on some cars the drop looks too low and others it looks fine. I guess it's just the angles of the pictures I've seen.

I think someone stole your antenna... I don't see one on there, or it's the shortest stubby ever made.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I took the anntena off I didnt like theRC car look. I also dont listen to the radio where i am cause there are no good radio stations aroundso I only listen to CDs. I do have an idea to shave the entire anntenna off and run on one thats inside of the quater pannel that way there isnt anything there just all smooth body lines.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Jan 18 2006, 07:50 AM
No I took the anntena off I didnt like theRC car look. I also dont listen to the radio where i am cause there are no good radio stations aroundso I only listen to CDs.
Same here. Love the drop, worried at all about settling?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
hmmm. my hotchkis seem to be lower than ur s-techs. i coulda swore s-techs were rated lower. i almost dont have any wheel gap. its a little less than what u got with urs. thats weird.

and what paint did u use for ur brake calipers. thats the exact blue that i want on mine. any flaking or chipping?

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by phungy+Jan 18 2006, 05:15 AM-->QUOTE (phungy @ Jan 18 2006, 05:15 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bluesciontc
@Jan 18 2006, 07:50 AM
No I took the anntena off I didnt like theRC car look. I also dont listen to the radio where i am cause there are no good radio stations aroundso I only listen to CDs.
Same here. Love the drop, worried at all about settling? [/b]
Nope not to much i have a friend that has had them on there for about 6 months and his hasent setteled yet.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Jan 18 2006, 05:38 AM
hmmm. my hotchkis seem to be lower than ur s-techs. i coulda swore s-techs were rated lower. i almost dont have any wheel gap. its a little less than what u got with urs. thats weird.

and what paint did u use for ur brake calipers. thats the exact blue that i want on mine. any flaking or chipping?
If you look in the review section i have a whole review of the paint i used. I used Duplicolor caliper paint kit. You have to paint it on by hand. I put about 2 coats on it and i they havent chiped or peeled. It still has that poweder coated look. On the drop like i said it has 2.4 front and 2.0 back and tey are rated at a more of a drop the the Hotchkis but i think the hotchkis ones settel alot, dont know for sure.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Jan 18 2006, 03:25 AM
Well since we ####ed off for a lil bit it took us (my friend and I) 2 hours. This is an easy do it your self job. There are a couple of places that are a b!tch i will list them. 1 front cowling not that hard just annoying. 2 front sway bar put a jack stand underneath the A arm lower the jack a lil bit sway bar will move up and into position to put bolt back threw. 3 rear 2 shocks third bolt on other side of frame support for the seats (youll understand once you get to that point. 4 if you dont have air tools i pitty you. There are some ball joints in the front that need to be shocked with the air tool to come off. Other then that it isnt hard they look and feel great i recomend to all.  Any other questions just ask.

The drop is 2.4 front, 2.0 back
If you disconnect the sway bar links from both sides and have both sides of the front of the car off the ground you don't have to play games with the suspension, just connect and go.

What ball joints did you disconnect? I've never disconneted any ball joints on my tC, not even the tie rod ends needed to come off for suspension or sway bar replacement.

It's an easy DIY if you have access to a floor jack, jackstands, and air tools. If you don't, it's quite a bit harder.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 18 2006, 01:31 PM
What's funny is that your car is noticeably higher than mine (with TRDs).
Thats because the TRDs settle past the drop they say

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Because you are depending on a spring to do a job better done by an adjustable collar.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.