Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Nov 14 2005, 09:47 PM
theres no RSX Type R

theres Integra Type R and Integra Type S

i thought all shift knob r the same size (the hole)
I'm going to have to agree with vtec killer on this... most of them are the same size, well at least all the vehicles i have owned.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Watch us get proven wrong....

·
Registered
847 Posts
some domestics dont even thread, ask ingram... his srt4's knob has no threads at all... it keeps popping off when he shifts hard into either 2 or 4 (i.e. when at the track or pwning some civic) and he has cut himself on the shifter...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by josurr@Nov 15 2005, 09:57 PM
some domestics dont even thread, ask ingram... his srt4's knob has no threads at all... it keeps popping off when he shifts hard into either 2 or 4 (i.e. when at the track or pwning some civic) and he has cut himself on the shifter...
Correct. It's formed plastic with a bit of adhesive. WOT shifting from 1 to 2 or 3 to 4 results in me yanking the shift knob off and it goes flying into the rear seat somewhere. Most imports use the same thread size and pattern though.

I should be asking you why, though. It's got a 6 speed gear tree printed on it. You have some invisible gear we don't know about?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by uberingram@Nov 19 2005, 07:35 AM
I should be asking you why, though. It's got a 6 speed gear tree printed on it. You have some invisible gear we don't know about?

maybe he spent $4-5k on a matrix xrs or celica gts tranny swap... probably not...

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah id say go with an DC2 type-r shift knob if youre going to do it. at least it has five speeds. i have one on my civic....a very nice weighted piece

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
all about the TWM classic gun blue. (nice glossy black color)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.