1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I believe they are using the P zeros.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I just picked up my RS 1.0 on May 25th. I was really excited that I was getting yokos on my car, until i went into a hard corner. I really like yokohama tires. I had a set of 185/65 R14 AVS ES 100s on my old corolla and those tires were awesome. I found the limit of the suspension (scraping mirrors and such) way before the tires broke loose. The AVS dBs however kinda suck. They are no where near as sticky as the ES100s. I understand that the AVS dB are "all season" tires and the ES100s aren't but i will gladly change my wheels and tires every winter if it means i will have awesome grip in the warmer months.

My point is I am not purchasing the Yoko AVS dBs again.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt. i was running yoko parada spec-2's on my enkei's for the first 13000 miles on my tC. they were really nice. the es100's are a pretty good tire, as well. i am on nitto neo-gens now, and i like them quite a bit, though i still havent found exactly what i want to stick with. i will be following lance's (lo bux racer) lead for my next set and see how i like those.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have really enjoyed the P zero Nero's, and I have tried alot of tires on different imports. I have about 17,000 miles on my tC now and I still have at least anouther 3k to go. I love em not just for that but because I still haven't found there sliding point. And trust me I've tried. But because they give so much and seem to never wear out. Now that there 3/4 the way gone I haver noticed on my performance meter that I can now achieve a .01 higher skidpad rating. That's a .92g. Yea I know what your thinkin but it's true and that's one of the reasons I LOVE THESE TIRES.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
We need to go for a drive sometime. You'll find where they slide trying to keep up...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
245/35/18. I considered it for a hot second before buying the 17s.

BTW, if you aren't sliding, you aren't going fast. It's all about predictability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.