Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked high and low, and I can't find an RS grille for the life of me. I've checked everywhere from ebay to scion parts dealers. If you happen to have one after upgrading, or god forbid, a crash, message me!

Thnx

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is it so expensive?

And btw, there has to be a wholesale parts store that has them for sale. What happens to current RS owners who have a frontal accident and need a new grille? Do they end up with a normal tC grille? I'd be livid if I had an RS and that happened to me. But I'm guessing there is a site out there that insurrance adjusters know about for all of our parts.

I'd probably kick myself later, but I'd most likely buy a new upper/bottom RS grille. It's just so much better than the custom ones out there. Most of the custom ones look half assed, or just "go over" the current grille, which is gay imo.

Not trying to piss anyone off with my opinions, I'm just speaking my mind.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
can you just pull out that stock top grill or sumthing? i really am not a big fan of it. more so because of that chrome part on the outer edge of the grille. can you pull that off without it looking horrid underneathe or other things subsequently falling off? i want it gone!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
serith, before you drop $1,200 on RS grilles, let me take some pictures of my new grilles. Hopefully I should have them posted tonight.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need a VIN to order an RS grille!? lol!

And btw.. no, you can't simply remove the chrome. That's how it "clips in". But god damn, $1200? That's insane. I'd spend <$500 for the 2 pieces, but not $1200.

Thanks though guys for the quick responses.

*is on the prowell for a better grille..*

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Yes insurance adjusters know of a place to get the grills its called the dealer. Why would you take your car any other place then a Toyoco body shop anyways. For one garunteed Premium Scion parts and second most of the time they have the adjuster already set up there and they will give you brand spaking new parts. I know i got a New Fender, Front bumper, Headlight, Wheel and got my door fixed all at a dealer and i got all premium scion parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.