Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home yesterday and I'm following behind this truck with a trailer carrying a mustang, and im a good 5 car lengths behind him. The guy in front of him turned left without a directional and the driver of the truck didnt notice in time to slow down and give me time to brake so he locked his brakes up and slid out and i slammed into the back of his steel trailer...bye bye #865.

I just took some pictures today at the boneyard...heres the damage.

front driver side:

all 3 airbags went off:

the oh so lovely rs grill:

front passenger:

top rs grill still in tact(took it home with me from the boneyard):

odometer read 2016 after the accident
...as you can see the lower RS grill didnt make it but the top is still flawless if anyones interested.

well....I'm still alive, thats a good thing..and so is my friend that was the passenger...although he had to get checked out at the hospital he came home that day fine just bruised.

be careful !!

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow, sorry to hear that. at least youre alive though, thats all that matters

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Glad everyone is alright! It always sucks when you are in a wreck.

·
Registered
243 Posts
that sucks, but remember cars are replacable, lives are not. if it was the other drivers fault his insurance should cover it. im glad to hear everyone is ok! don't worry about it, soon you should be rolling in a new tc and thats always cool right?

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
wow, I am glad you are alright.

now,

you should pull the side mirrors and sell them to somebody on scion life with a RS xA. and I think I might be interested in that grill too.

but, this is a sad day. what color are you gonna get next?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ouch man, sorry to hear about that

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
RS grills MSRP of $1200 will help with getting it totalled. New dash, 3 airbags - that's another $2-3K. Bumper cover, plus whatever is damaged behind it will finalize the "totalling"

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I had a very minor dent on the driver's rear quarter. It cost over $3k to fix. It is pretty easy to total a tC.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 5 2005, 11:15 PM
RS grills MSRP of $1200 will help with getting it totalled. New dash, 3 airbags - that's another $2-3K. Bumper cover, plus whatever is damaged behind it will finalize the "totalling"
Right you are. The airbags alone will top $3k.

The wreck in my Honda looked considerably less severe, had no airbag deployment, and resulted in $5600 in damage. His will likely be in the $10k-12k range. Depending on the insurance carrier, and how much they will repair before declaring a total loss (AAA will only repair up to 60% of fair market value) will determine whether or not they write it off.

The damages are right on the bubble, as far as I can see.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow sorry to hear that. At least you can be thankful youre alright. What are you going to do now? Are you going to buy another tc?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.