Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife rarely rides in my tC. I took her out on the town, and She pinpointed the source of my rattling not as the rear hatch struts.......... not the rear sunroof glass...but the rear sunroof sunshade when the shade is retracted. GRRRRRRR
its like a mariachi!!!

Any one else have a similar problem?

Any suggestions besides ripping the cover out?

I will be calling Scion come Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all scion folks & their loved ones!

K.

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having Auburn Toyota/Scion look at the passenger moonroof cover rattle this week.

They will look at it after their bodyshop replaces the deer creased bumper.

I also called Scion & let them know and got a case #.

I'll let you'all know what the outcome is for my mariachi rattling passenger moonroof shade.

K

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The service dudes at Auburn Toyota/Scion said there was a TSB out on the sunshade rattling. Not only did they do the moonroof bolt tightening that has been mentioned in previous posts, they put a pad in the moon roof sunshade area. They said they noticed a difference, we will see what the SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) wife notices this weekend.

P.S. Their body shop did nice work on the bumper (this one the front license plate holes actually really match the license plate holes) a good drill job compared to my original bumper.

Now if I can just avoid the damn flea and tick condo's aka Black-tailed Mule Deer.
Did I mention I got a tick bite off one of my Jack Russell Terriers bringing a live one into the bed? I've been on antibiotics to avoid Lyme disease.. Thank god November is history!

Have a great weekend folks!

K

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As Damon would tell you it's important to followup with Scion it'self when you have bad service. These Dealerships are constantly graded and evaluated on service. This is why I made sure to get a case number from Scion on my moonroof shade rattle.

Also, I would also point out positive feedback is important if they did a good or great job.

As a person who has worked in public service (Park Ranger) longer than most of this forum has been living, You remember the first class jerks, but even more the people who took the time to let you and your boss know that you went the extra mile

This is why I'm mailing a Xmas card to the body shop folks at Auburn Toyota and making sure I return the mail survey back.

Ho Ho Ho happy holidays,

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.