Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife rarely rides in my tC. I took her out on the town, and She pinpointed the source of my rattling not as the rear hatch struts.......... not the rear sunroof glass...but the rear sunroof sunshade when the shade is retracted. GRRRRRRR
its like a mariachi!!!

Any one else have a similar problem?

Any suggestions besides ripping the cover out?

I will be calling Scion come Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all scion folks & their loved ones!

K.

· Registered
606 Posts
well that's a new one. have your dealer handle it. hopefully they are really good and will treat your car nice.

· Registered
2,144 Posts
I've pinpointed my sunroof rattles... There are two.

One is the headliner between the front of the sunroof and the map lights. If I hold that headliner it stops rattling. The other rattle is coming from the two plastic supports that push the front wind deflector up when the sunroof is opened. If you go out to your car and open your sunroof grab onto one of those plastic spring pieces and wiggle it back and forth a little...you should hear some very loud creaking/squeeking/popping. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

· Registered
606 Posts
it sounds like some dealers are able to fix it but other aren't or make it even worse. it was said a while ago that it is just a matter of tightening screws and the sounds go away.

· Registered
896 Posts
guys, there have been a couple revisions to the original TSB that scion put out. If you have not had the revisions performed, you need to get them done if you are having the rattle/pop.

As the process of lemon-lawing(is that word?) my car comes full swing, i am realizing that more and more of the lower vin#s are going to start developing this same problem. The regional tech-expert says he has never seen it before and has made his submission to Scion concerning a write-up on my freak-of-nature car.........hopefully resulting in another TSB or possible recall. Its all in the works, best of luck with all of your vehicles!. -t

· Registered
980 Posts
I'm not so sure if I'm lucky or not. I doubt I'll be getting an '05 tC since I'm realistically going to get my cousins 1993 Prelude. Maybe I'll get an 06, but I still have gift certificates to Spark. Oh what to do

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having Auburn Toyota/Scion look at the passenger moonroof cover rattle this week.

They will look at it after their bodyshop replaces the deer creased bumper.

I also called Scion & let them know and got a case #.

I'll let you'all know what the outcome is for my mariachi rattling passenger moonroof shade.

K

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The service dudes at Auburn Toyota/Scion said there was a TSB out on the sunshade rattling. Not only did they do the moonroof bolt tightening that has been mentioned in previous posts, they put a pad in the moon roof sunshade area. They said they noticed a difference, we will see what the SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) wife notices this weekend.

P.S. Their body shop did nice work on the bumper (this one the front license plate holes actually really match the license plate holes) a good drill job compared to my original bumper.

Now if I can just avoid the damn flea and tick condo's aka Black-tailed Mule Deer.
Did I mention I got a tick bite off one of my Jack Russell Terriers bringing a live one into the bed? I've been on antibiotics to avoid Lyme disease.. Thank god November is history!

Have a great weekend folks!

K

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Damn ticks... I had to give up paintballing because of these nasty things.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
Eh, just put some 100% deet on ya and the ticks will mostly stay away. Never give up paintballing for ticks! Haha. Or just go to an indoor place to shoot people. More entertaining that way.

· Registered
2,826 Posts
That is very much true...which is why I still love my gun that I got ages ago. Yeah I can't fire 225 shots a second....but I *can* hit what I aim for with...oh... one shot. Much easier that way.

· Registered
3 Posts
Wow and I thought I was the only one that had this noise...all I can say is BE CAREFUL taking it to the dealerships for repair. I took my TC to Kearny Mesa Toyota and I could not believe what they did to my brand new car. After two attemps to fix it they told me that they had to spot weld the roof. So I dropped off the car and they had to take it to a body shop. After 5 days and the night before I was going to leave for San Francisco, they told me that my car was ready. I went and picked it up and noticed that there was crinckles in the headliner. The next morning I went out and got in my car and could not believe what I saw in the light. They had not only crinckled the headliner but they destroyed in interior of my car. There was blood on the headliner, there was grease everywhere, it looked like the car had been stolen. All the grab handles and hooks had been pryed off and broken. When I went to the dealership to go off on them all they were going to do for me was ensure that they would fix it and to drive the car on my trip anyway because there was nothing mechanicaly wrong with the car. Long story short when I got back they had the car again for a week and had to replace the headliner, both grab handles, both hooks, the back panel on the lift gate, the whole sunroof and light consol. It came to $1633.00 and the rattle was still there. I told them what it was when I took it in the first time and they did not listen. It is the domelight over the rear seat. They finally ordered me one and put it in and the rattle is now gone.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
...and the moral of this story is? Some people who work at dealerships are retards. Sorry you had such a bad experience!

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As Damon would tell you it's important to followup with Scion it'self when you have bad service. These Dealerships are constantly graded and evaluated on service. This is why I made sure to get a case number from Scion on my moonroof shade rattle.

Also, I would also point out positive feedback is important if they did a good or great job.

As a person who has worked in public service (Park Ranger) longer than most of this forum has been living, You remember the first class jerks, but even more the people who took the time to let you and your boss know that you went the extra mile

This is why I'm mailing a Xmas card to the body shop folks at Auburn Toyota and making sure I return the mail survey back.

Ho Ho Ho happy holidays,

K

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.