Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just a quick question. I did the search everywhere and was unable to find anything. I was having a barbecue today and my cousins husband told me that there is a tint thats a roll down. I am guessing it works like one of those sun blockers they use to block the sun for kids that just rolls down and up. He said it looks very clean and is like a centimeter away from the window so you can tell. I am trying to figure out what he is talking about because I could not find it. If anyone knows a website that has this or pictures of it I would really appreciate it. Anything would help. The way he explained it to me got me really interested since in Cali you cant tint your front side windows I thought if this thing looked really clean then I would get it for all my windows and if ever pulled over I could just release driver and side tints. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like the stuff you see in Ford Tauruses and Soccer Mom Mini-vans. It's like a pull down shade.

·
Registered
109 Posts
good idea, but I dont know of anything and I also dont know how it would look.. also might be unsettling to have hanging around... hahaha get it!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
New 7-series BMW has something like that on the back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not soccer mom related cause its not the same thing. The new BMW has it as well has the high end Mercedez and Porshe. But if anyone has seen what it looks like or found some pictures of it i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't know if this already exists, or if it's crazy expensive if it does, but I think a tint that can be activated and deactivated through an electric field would be hot - pretty much tint, on, tint off - or even have its darkeness be adjustable - driving with really dark tint at night just doesn't sound like a good idea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats cool but i dont think that was it. It aint a soccer mom thing, it just came out and only has them as far as i have heard on Mercedez, BMW and Proshe. If anyone can be serious about it please respond because i would like to see what it really is. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.