Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i could fit a set of 18 x 10 Volk GT-7s on my tc w/o it rubbing...or will i have to adjust the susupension also? anyhelp would be great thanks...
>>>dischinezeboi

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome to the site. This is a good question, however I do not have the answer. If they will fit, it would look sick!!! You might get better luck if you asked it in the proper section, the Wheels and Tires forum, just three down from here. Or maybe Frostbytetc will move it for you. Good luck in finding the answer!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Moved! And to answer your question.. i'd imagine they'd either stick out really really far, or just not fit at all. I dont think the tC can handle anything wider than a 9" wide rim. Not sure about that, ask a dealer... they may know... but I really doubt it. Thats like a viper rim... I dont think the tC is designed to compensate for a rim of that size. Good luck, I agree with Alpman, they would look sweet though!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not to say you can't try, but I do not believe that it will work unless you have a negative offset and the wheel sticks way out side of the fenders. anything can be done juat depends on how rediculous you want it to look

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, thanx for movin my post...yea i really want to throw these volk gt-7s on there...but if they wont' fit then i don't want to order them lol. but yea just got my 2 12 jl subs today. hopefully get them installed as soon as my blue tc gets here =D. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It all depends on the offset, there is a whole range of different offsets for different types of cars, the main deviding factor is FWD and RWD. Find out the offset of the rims of talk to the people that are selling them. Some rims are made with different offsets to fit both RWD and FWD.

·
Registered
936 Posts
a 10" rim will rub ...... 9" is fine but still rubs a little. Its all about offset but you will end up with a wide rim that sticks out of the car and looks like a mexican-mobile. - t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts