Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my tc for about 2 months now and it seems it collects a lot of brake dust. I still have the stock rims. What do you guys recommend to keep it clean or help prevent if from getting so dirty. Should I just soap and water or there somthing you guys would recommend?

· Registered
266 Posts
I just use 2 ounces of Simple Green concentrate and mix with 30 ounces of water in a spray bottle. Seems to work well on the stock and my new wheels too. It is a lot more economical than buying a wheel cleaner spray and it does not seem too harsh either.

· Registered
372 Posts
Interesting. Mine do not get that dirty, and I have over 11K on the car. I just use Maguires from the same bucket after I finish washing the car. They look great.

Unlike my Z3, I have never had to use a chrome cleaner. Are yours the stock 17"ers or are you using something else?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Unless you're running Hawk blues, you should be able to use just car wash and water with a little elbow grease. The stock pads aren't terribly messy anyway.

· Registered
424 Posts
These wheels are clear coated. Using a chrome or metal polish can remove the clear coat on the wheels making them look horrible. Just wash them the same way you wash your paint and it should be fine.

I use a cotton chenele wash mitt and good old car wash soap to clean mine and they still sparkle.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I got a bottle of Meguiar's all wheel cleaner. It worked for a while, but after using it for about a month, it no longer removed the brake dust. It also made the tires look kinda brown where it got on them. Now I just use good ol' elbow grease with the same stuff I wash the car with.

· Registered
202 Posts
For sheer ease of use, I like Armorall Wheel Cleaner. It says it's safe on clear coated surfaces. Hope so! Just spray on and wipe off. The wheels are so shiny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.