Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has been answered I searched for it but did not find a post for it.

I really don't understand the way tire measurments are written. I just want to know what size to get for my TC. I am planning on getting black 19" Axis Crux. there are two different fits though. 19x8.0 5x114.3 ET35 or 19x8.0 5x100 ET35. Which ones do I get?

Also I then need to get tires to fit them and I have know idea what size I should even look into. I want low profile tires so it almost looks like there is no tire but really there is. I just don't understand the measurments and I want something that will fit the rim and not rub all over the wheel well.

I am not going to lower the car until the rims are in. So I just need them to fit in stock.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I know very little about this, but my understanding was that the second measurement (5x114.3 or 5x100) deals with the number and alignment of the lugs on the wheels, not anything to do with the tires. The tC takes 5x100.

I hope this helps, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that takes care of what rim I would need to order. Now I just need to know what the measurments of the tire mean. I know there are a whole bunch of tires that would fit this rim I just don't know what I would be getting if I just picked one that the company says fits the rim.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
19x8 should fit snuggly with 235/35/19 tires.[/b]
Any idea what the 235/35/19 is refering too? I want to order a wheel and tire package. I know what I want the tire to look like I just don't know the size to tell them. So if I know what the measurements stand for then I can decide what measurements to go with.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The first number is the width of the tire in millimeters, measured from sidewall to sidewall. To convert to inches, divide by 25.4 In the example above, the width is 185mm or 7.28".

The second number is the aspect ratio. This is a ratio of sidewall height to width. In the example above, the tire is 7.28" wide, multiply that by the aspect ratio to find the height of one sidewall. In this case, 185x0.60=111mm or 7.28"x0.60=4.36".

The last number is the diameter of the wheel in inches.

Source: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/size.jsp

Hope this helps!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.