Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

lemme start off by sayin this site is awesome and it really helps answer alot of questions most people(including myself)have.

My question being, I am going to be purchasing 18 x 7.5's for my tC and would like to know a decent rubber size that won't have any rubbing.I also have the TRD Springs but am holding off until the early spring to put them on my car which is when the new wheels will be going on as well. I was going to go with something 225/40/18 but would also like anyones knowledge through either their own personal experience or factual info that can inform me whether this combo will rub or not or if i can go a little bigger on the rubber. thanks

Scionic

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
225/40 18 will work fine - it's the correct size tire for 18x7.5.

As for rubbing - it depends on the offset of the wheels.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am looking for an offset in the 40's range with the 18'7.5's with 225/40/18 rubber. Some people are tellin me +45 offset won't work an the biggest I can go is +42....anyobdy have anything on that?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
45 will work just fine. 40 will look better, but you are getting closer to danger zone in the front.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Allright, so i decided on a set of wheels from Wheelmax and want to get the following application.

Rim: 18 x 7.5 5x100 +45 offset
Tire: 225/40/18

If anyone see's a problem as far as rubbing is concerned since i am pairing the wheels with the TRD springs, hit me back and lemme know if there is a better offset to go with or if that will be cool. Thanks

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
No rubbing problems forseen. Let us see how they look when you get 'em!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Look better as in more flush.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
ok thats what I thought ok then...could somepeople clear this up for me then offsets still get as well as what tire goes with what offset and what will fit etc.

OK I am looking at 4 different types of wheels per se.

18 X 7.5
18 X 8
19 X 7.5
19 X 8

each have their different offsets but they range from 35+ to 45+ some are 42+ and some 40+

What I am after here is what is going to look flush and what is going to stick out...what I really want is something that will look flush and not rub whatsoever...no can someone or people help my confusion on this issue. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It all depends on the wheels you like - pick out a few and show us what you like, and give us the size and offset, and we can tell you what's what.. plus you'll have our opinions on the wheels.

It all depends on if you're lowered or not.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Lowering has nothing to do with rubbing. Offset and tire width determine if you'll rub or not.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well, if the car is lowered, where the tires are and where they'll rub, right?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 13 2006, 10:32 AM
Well, if the car is lowered, where the tires are and where they'll rub, right?
When a car is lowered just with lowering or sport springs, the maximum compression for the suspension (bottoming out point) does not change; as such, while a lowered car will likely rub more often than a stock height car, if it rubs lowered it will still rub at stock height (just not as often).

-Ed

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
OK here is what I am looking at I am pretty sure I have my mind set on Axis Hiros either 18 X 8.5 or 19 X 8.5...what tires am I going to need so that I do not rub...I am not too sure of the offset though could be 35+

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.