Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a commerical for an upcoming "Reved Up" Rides on TLC & noticed the 5axis tC... During the episode for muscle cars they showed some shots of SEMA and I noticed the tC that's wrapped w/ the crazy black & white designs...

** edited to add that according to the show's site it's on at 10pm PT/ET on Tuesdays

·
Registered
730 Posts
On the Tues Mar 15 episode "Thump" you'll see some truly awe inspiring custom work that the Install crew at Alpine created for the CES show on a BMW X5...converted to a two-door stadium seating center drive two seater luxury mobile theater SUV...completely fabricated at our facility in Torrance. Some scenes were shot in our booth at CES. So you might get a glimpse of the tC we had in the there as well. Check it out!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah that X5 was really cool, just got done watching it myself but I would say that I would drive that scion tc more than that X5 not really practical in my opinion, but then again who needs a 45"er in the back

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Pretty incredible amount of blood, sweat, and tears in those rides. I'm still partial to the tC, but it's pretty easy to see why the Alpine got best in show. Those guys go all out with their mods. It would be fun to have the kind of resources to do fabrication like that, but I sure wouldn't want to do that for a living.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I had the know-how and the financial backing to do that for a living, I think it would be great. I caught the second half of the show last night, and wow -- people can do some amazing stuff to cars with enough $.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i saw the show also. It was amazing. they pimped out the tC from black standard to neon green with a lot of modifications (40" plasma TV in the trunk, body kit, stereo system, etc). I have some pictures of the final product. 5 Axis did an amazing job.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
The 5 Axis tC is horrible! Just look at it. Sure the electronics are kind of neat but that but that body kit is just terrible.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No, I really hate it. It clashes with itself and looks like there's random crap bolted onto the bottom of the front and rear.

I understand that lots of you guys like it, but it's not exactly a foregone conclusion that it's the ultimate tC.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wow its on again tonight, great show, i wish i saw this thread in march.
im with you guys i think the green tC is ugly as hell but pretty cool. I dont think ive seen the Alpine BMW before so i cant wait to see what it looks like when its done... dont spoil it for me tho

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.