Scion tC Forums banner

How is the ride comfort compared to stock?

• Better than stock =P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No noticable difference

• Slightly less comfortable

• Moderately less comfortable

• Very uncomfortable

• I can't feel my ass anymore after riding in my car uncomfortable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sound like a good setup. I'm looking to use my car for daily street driving nly. No auto-x for me anymore. I don't want to compromise my comfort too much for handling. Also, I'm sure my parents will be in my car someday and will give me a grip of $hit for doing my suspension again. How noticable from stock is it, comfort wise? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TRD is very conservative with the stuff they do. When I was trading my Matrix 4 different "purchasing managers" at 4 different dealers test drove my car and did not catch that the car was dropped on TRD springs. Same deal with the tC - you can't tell. Except when you are taking sharp corners.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have noticed a slight difference. but that could be the tires i am running as well. and the slight difference i notice certainly hasnt made me any less pleased with the springs.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Feb 11 2005, 10:38 PM
If ya notice he's asking about the spring *and* strut combo. I don't know anyone on here with both yet, unless I'm just blind.
so now you're spEYEne boy? I crack myself up!!!!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Feb 11 2005, 07:39 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Feb 11 2005, 07:39 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Labfish
@Feb 11 2005, 10:38 PM
If ya notice he's asking about the spring *and* strut combo.  I don't know anyone on here with both yet, unless I'm just blind.
so now you're spEYEne boy? I crack myself up!!!! [/b]
Actually I was thinking about Blind Spineboy.

But yours was good too

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've got the TRD springs, shocks and rear sway. I don't think the ride changed much at all, although I do like a firmer ride generally. It's still a better ride than my old 90 Eclipse. Cornering is way better over the stock suspension. I couldn't tell you how much difference the shocks made though since I had the whole thing done at once. I had them installed by the dealer (ouch) and didn't want to take the chance on just doing the springs and then later have to pay for the same job to do the shocks.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I also have the TRD shock/spring/sway package installed (DIY, baby), and couldn't be happier with the results. I actually think the ride is better than stock, perhaps in part due to the better road feel-- the stock bits a a little "floaty". Of course, I only rode on the stock suspension for about 400 miles, and now have about 600 on the TRD-- so I can barely remember what stock felt like-- now the TRD feels like stock.

No one that's ridden in it yet could tell that it was lowered. My racer bro-in-law stated "this is how the car should have come from the factory". Couldn't ask for more.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
when i first got my car i drove my dad to the airport... it was stock height and he said it rode smooth for the low profile tires... (hes used to SUV's and vans)... while he was gone i lowered the car.. and had to pick him up at the airport the next day... going over the trolly tracks he noticed it was a little more bumpier, but overall he said it was still a nice ride

I'm wondering why no one has written a product review for the TRD springs yet

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ cause there are 17 million threads on the ride comfort of trd springs, most likely. i'd write one, but people would bypass the search function and ask anyway, so i just leave it alone.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The sharpness of the ride on the TRD springs is actually starting to bug me a little bit -- I get violently jolted anytime I hit any kind of moderately large bump in the road. I think I'm still okay with it, though. Keep in mind, I drove 11,000 miles with my stock springs and have only driven about 200 since the TRDs were installed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's what I don't want. I have Tein HAs on my Supra, and they are STIFF even on the softest setting. When D said it is stiff, he didn't know they're set to full soft.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.