Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been super busy - but I had to stop by and relay this fun tale.

On my lunch break yesterday, I found myself behind this riced Honda Prelude with a muffler roughly the size of my car. He was clearly of the racing breed, as he drove agressively and loudly. I could simply not resist. Sitting behind him at a red light, he guns it on green, I pull out from behind him after I've cleared the cars in the next lane, easily pull next to him - all the while his car is loudly struggling as he rows through the gears. I notably hear his vtec kick in - but it didn't save him. I easily passed him and hopefully crushed his hopes and dreams of vinyl decals and adjustable racing wings. I enjoyed it.

Also, a few weeks ago I found myself cruising down 295 with a WRX and a Bentley Continental GT - I was kissing the speed governor. It was fun.

The End

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
lol... my best friend drives a prelude... i must relay this story to him

·
Registered
266 Posts
i loved that story
awww the poor little honda boys, oh how we shattered their little hopes and dreams of one day actually thinking they are cool

·
Registered
223 Posts
What's with the animosity toward Honda on these boards? I had a del Sol and loved it, and if I had to drive a Civic I wouldn't be at all unhappy about it.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I like Honda (and Nissans) for that matter. The '91 Honda Civic (4-door) my folks had back in the day was a great car. Excellent mileage, comfortable, and surprisingly quick.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They're built using the Colin Chapman school approach. Nothing any stronger than it needs to be for stock performance. They are an aftermarket parts suppliers wet dream because you need to change 10 things after one mod.

They're not bad cars if you leave them stock, but if you want them to go faster, it takes a lot of effort. Then, we could always talk about the inherent issues, like blocks that don't take boost (the NSX) so you can't put real power down in your "supercar."

I could go on, but it's pointless. Toyco builds the toughest stuff from Japan by far. That's why I like it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
they have lots of aftermarket support and are very fun to work with. hondas are great to beat around. comes with much better handling than our tcs and even though they lack torque, they make up for it on the top end. i drive both an accord and a tc. both are great cars. i drove my friends prelude and its not bad either. civics are slow stock, but can anyone of you beat my buddy's turbo b18 ek. for those who dont know, its a turbo'd gsr motor in a 97 civic hatchback.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sure. Let's run against my Supra for top speed.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you put decent rubber on the tC, it will run with anything front drive easily.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
After you drive my car you'll be saving up for rims too. You won't believe how good the stock suspension is with good tires.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why does every turbo honda owner or owners friend think that just because it has a turbo, it can out run everything on the road?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i dont have anything against honda's... i love honda's... just would like to shut up my friend that his car is badass when really its not.... heck... if i was waiting for a prelude rite now instead of a tC... i'd be just as excited... preludes are some sweet cars... tC's are just sweeter.... in my opinion

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hondas are pretty fun cars to drive. Usually fairly light weight and handle pretty well. I have had 2 Civics and a Acura Integra. On the negative side..they are a bit on the flimsy side. They are built just well enough to be reliable and functional. They have always seemed a bit "tinny" to me. I think the problem that I have with them is not so much the car but many of their owners. Seems like I always am beside one of the "rice racer" types in a Honda sitting at the light. He takes off does some hair-brain stupid driving thing and thinks he a F1 driver. Most of the time all I want to do is stay away from them and their 5 gallon can size mufflers. They them go tell their other ricer buddies how the "tore up a Cy-on tZ". All I was doing was driving to Target...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 16 2005, 11:22 AM
Sure. Let's run against my Supra for top speed.

Oh, forgot to mention, if you put decent rubber on the tC, it will run with anything front drive easily.
I can totaly agree with that, as you know lance my tC has wide pirelli tires. If any of you sac guys know HW 49 from Auburn to Cool, you know it's one of the windyest roads in northern cali. About a month ago a new 330ci got behind me on my way to cool and he kept up till we started making hairpin turns and at that point I was gone. It really suprised me considering he had rearwheel drive.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I was racing up 49 out of the canyon on my FJ when you were still in diapers. I remember Foresthill road before the straightened out all the fun parts. I'm actually glad the dam never got completed, that's one of the more fun roads around these parts. We should shoot a video of it and host it for these guys to understand.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Whats really crazy about 49 is in the early 60's that road was dirt. And most of it didn't have guard rails. My grandmother almost killed herself on a dark and rainy drive home from placerville to auburn in the 50's on that road. And speaking of forest hill rd, right after you go past foresthill you come along to that straightaway. That is the perfect road to test top speed, my buddys 440 cuda got up to 160 on that raod I about pissed my pants.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If you like hills and curves, north Georgia is heaven. It's a shame I never had my tC while I was in school, 'cause there were some FUN roads just outside of Athens that I used to drive on. Now, it takes me an hour or more just to get to roads like that...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.