Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so im backin out of my driveway yesterday and my brother needed to ask me somethin so i popped it into neutral. after we are done talkin i let off the break and im still movin backwards a little in neutral and i proceed to pop it into reverse. then i hear a grind. i had my foot all the way on the clutch. do i have to be at a complete stop do shift into reverse? My old tacoma was a 5 speed and i could shift into reverse while moving no problem.

·
Registered
418 Posts
yah u have to be completely stationery when shifiting into reverse..unless youd like to see some gear shavings when u change your oil..haha

·
Registered
268 Posts
Gear shaving in the oil..... Are you just being sarcastic or does the tranny use oil from the engine to lubricate itself....i'm pretty sure the gearbox has its own lubricant... a really thick lubicant at that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@May 9 2005, 05:32 PM
Gear shaving in the oil..... Are you just being sarcastic or does the tranny use oil from the engine to lubricate itself....i'm pretty sure the gearbox has its own lubricant... a really thick lubicant at that.
yes i was just kidding..seeing if i can scare someone buddy..but u broke the it..haha jp man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.