Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have an injen exhaust and I loved the sound when i had the stock mid pipe will i bought the mid and spipe from zpi. It fits great but its way to lound. I need to get a resonator? I liked the way it sound with the stock resonator anyone have any ideas which one i should get? thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jan 24 2006, 11:00 PM
I had Midas put a resonator on my car this morning. It's a magnaflow.
did you like the way it sounds? did you have a stock mid pipe or something else?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I had the creative compacts full exhaust kit (replaces everything after the s-pipe). The resonator won't change the sound, but it made the exhaust a little softer....taking it back on the good side of the obnoxious line.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jan 25 2006, 07:37 AM
I had the creative compacts full exhaust kit (replaces everything after the s-pipe). The resonator won't change the sound, but it made the exhaust a little softer....taking it back on the good side of the obnoxious line.
i like the sound but just to loud.. where did you get the resonator from?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Too loud outside or inside? If it's too loud inside, try sound deadening a la dynamat and the like?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Jan 25 2006, 08:00 AM
Too loud outside or inside? If it's too loud inside, try sound deadening a la dynamat and the like?
this what i was thinkin about getting THis one one on the stock pipe is about 24" but i didnt check the roundness outside its to loud inside its ok. but you can hear me from lke amiile away.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Originally posted by WTC_81+Jan 25 2006, 07:59 AM-->QUOTE (WTC_81 @ Jan 25 2006, 07:59 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Jan 25 2006, 07:37 AM
I had the creative compacts full exhaust kit (replaces everything after the s-pipe).  The resonator won't change the sound, but it made the exhaust a little softer....taking it back on the good side of the obnoxious line.
i like the sound but just to loud.. where did you get the resonator from? [/b]
Midas, but you can find resonators online just by doing a search on google.. Try "universal resonator" or something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I got a 14" one put on my car and it helped but then i went and got headers.... boy its loud so i ordered another 18" one.. where should i put it i have the first one near the front of the car?? does it matter where i put the second one i was thinkin i should put it where the stock one was in the middle under the heat shield... what do you guys think

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.