Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most of us have experienced the throttle hesitation during the first 1/4" of throttle depression on our cars. It is very noticeable and annoying particularly on manual transmission tCs. It seems to me that the throttle electronics do not register when feathering the throttle or during the first 1/4 to 3/4" of pressing it.

I read about this solution on another board and tried it. The fix works like a charm, hesitation/jerkiness is gone. Shifting/clutching is much smoother.. very noticeable.

hesitation fix

Basically by extending the upper throttle stop, you eliminate that 1/4 inch dead spot of the pedal. I tried it just by using a few pieces of electrical tape and it works quite well. Just make sure you don't raise your idle. If the idle goes up then use less tape or whatever have you. This is NOT removing slack in the throttle it is rather just creating a new starting point for the throttle.

Read up on it first and try it out. Report your findings back here.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Maybe this is why I keep jerking on the throttle a bit. I'll have to see what I can do.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
A friend of mine did it but im still not sure how to do it ( forgive my ignorance) so im gona talk to him and see if he'll do it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.