Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While impatiently waiting for my foglights to come in, I decided to read through the install guide for the foglights. I came across some parts of the instructions that I didn't quite understand.
I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything so here are my questions.

Instructions: "Next look for the connector wrapped in black tape. Remove the tape and connect this end to the wire harness"

Clarification:
1)Sooo the wire harness is the connection that comes with the foglights right??

2)And your connecting the wire harness that comes with the kit to whatever is hidden beneath the black tape???

3)It says to reset your windows after your done reconnecting the battery. What does that mean?

4)When you pull off the side cover, you just grab on to the slot and pull with seom force? It doesn't seem to want to come off, but then again I didn't really tug hard.

I'm sorry if any of these questions seem dumb, but I haven't really looked underneath the car yet . Maybe once I do some most of the instructions will become clear.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If the battery gets disconnected somehow, you'll need to reset the windows. It's not a big deal... just go to each door, and hold down the button 'till the windows are all the way down, then pull it up 'till they're all the way up. Same thing for the sunroof.

·
Registered
42 Posts
on the windows you're supposed to roll them all the way down, then up 1/2 way, then all the way up and hold the button up for 1 second, should reset it.. you can't use the driver side control for the passenger window, you'll have to reach over and reset it using the passenger control. For the sunroof you're supposed open it and then close it, when it closes continue holding the button for 2 seconds and it should reset it..

I'm pretty sure that's the "official" way to do it.. I think...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.