Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i really cant stand the orange/amber reflector or w/e it is that is in the front headlights. Anyone have any advice on replacing it with a clear/white one?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
My advice: don't. This has been talked about here and on Scionlife, and as far as I've heard, it doesn't turn out well. As I recall, there's some black backing behind the orange, and it doesn't look right if you take the orange part out.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If you figure out a way to do it easily, please let me know -- I'd be very interested.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
^^^What he said.

·
Registered
38 Posts
id rather have something done on the inside, not vinyl on the outside of the housing..if you could remove the reflector and maybe put an overlay on that or spray the reflector itself, thatd look better than the overlay on the outside of the headlamp

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I dunno, have you seen the overlay? Looks pretty sweet.
Have a look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
if you really want to stop seeing the reflector, just use the vinyls for now an then just wait until anice pair of clear corners comes out....thatts what ive been doing for the past months...waiting...patiently.... o_O

·
Registered
271 Posts
They do have clear corners, but you have to buy the whole entire headligt housing. they sell them on tctunerz.com, at a hefty price though......
correction, i was just looking at the tctunerz page and im not sure if they still sell them, but when i saw them they were close to 1000 bucks, they were angel eyes though, click this link:
Nitto Show Car

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Overlays are the way to go. I'll have mine this week (I hope) and I'll post pics after I install 'em.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
go to my friends sponsor, visionbulbs.com, i think they might have the stuff you need. i never really looked into it, but u should check it out. They do it on other cars as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.