Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok basically I have an alpine 2 channel amp(40w x 2 @ 4ohms) which I would like to get some use out of.
Would it be a good idea to change out all of the factory speakers and only use the Alpine amp for the rear two and use the factory head unit for the front speakers?
Or is there a way to simply add the power from that amp into all of the speakers?
Or can the stock head unit produce enought power to run all of the new speakers well?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would suggest to amplify the fronts first. You'll notice a big difference. I would suggest either the Alpine SPS-171A or the SPR-17LS components for the front speakers and either the SPS-170A or the SPR-17LP coax for the rear.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So by just amplifying the front component set, would that allow more power to go to the new rear speakers? In other words the speakers you recomended for the back, would they get plenty of power from the head unit to handle the rear fill?

Also, would it be best to run the speaker wires directly from the amp to the front speakers or through the existing wires that attach to the head unit? I have a feeling that running directly from the amp would be the best.
thanks

·
Registered
730 Posts
They will not get any more power to the rears than they currently do, however the amplifying the fronts w/ your two channel amp would be the best use of that power. Rear speakers should be used as fill, not primary. When you go to a concert, do you sit w/ your back to the stage??? Of coarse not. So logically most of the sound should be coming from the front speakers. Just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.