Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to find a replacement hood and bumpers for the tC's? i dont know if they have replacement parts available here in the US, is there a possiblity that i may have to order from japan??
Please help me out on this one, i did a google search-no luck

Of course you all are wonder why....i rear ended someone today. The bumper looks scraped so I may only have to buff it out. The hood is worst off, tip end bent upwards.

liz

·
Registered
614 Posts
wow, it hurts to picture that.
contact toyota. they should be able to get you what you need. it just might take a while longer than usual because all of the parts are probably being used to frantically build tcs in japan. but toyota should be able to get them for you. call your dealer and ask. hope it all works out.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am fine and the other guy appears to be fine. Thanks for asking
I dont know if this topic belongs under Tech but i figured that someone would know where to get these parts.

my bf wants to put carbon fiber hood on my car now, told him that would be too ricey! he found a couple of carbon hoods for $350 so i am assuming that a stock hood would be much less than that? I am not going to count labor in the price bc my boyfriend is going to help me put the new one on. Prolly wont get a new bumper bc the damage there is very minor.

i will call the dealership tomorrow and let you all know then. maybe even have pics up tonight or tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
It might be cheaper to get a CF hood than a replacement OEM. Or try to buy a used hood of someone who's getting a CF hood. Post classifieds on scionlife.com and clubsciontc.com.

The bumper will probably have to be OEM - when it comes to bodywork it is usually cheaper to do the labor part yourself and just buy parts separately, so you are on the right track

As for CF hood ricyness - just paint it. And it will probably be cheaper than OEM...

·
Registered
936 Posts
how did that happen? also, carbon fibre wont be repairable for the next time you rearend someone. Make sure the mounting points for the hood arent bent off-center.......its very common in collisions for that to happen as theres so much force put on them. - t

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by TCrazy@Sep 1 2004, 05:44 PM
how did that happen? also, carbon fibre wont be repairable for the next time you rearend someone. Make sure the mounting points for the hood arent bent off-center.......its very common in collisions for that to happen as theres so much force put on them. - t
i was driving along on my way to work and this car was going slower than the speed limit but no brake lights on. looked over my left shoulders to clear traffic before changing lanes and as i looked back the guy had his brake lights on and turning into a parking lot. thats when i rear ended him and of course the guy didnt have his turn signal on. If he did, i would have applied the brakes just in case as i looked over my shoulders. OH WELL SH*T happends.

I didnt realize something until my boyfriend said something, I have managed to wreck or had someone run into me in every single car that i have owned and a few others that i have borrowed. boy am i lucky?? lol

yes thanks for pointing out the mounting points.
the hood is now a bit off center, i will have joe to check the mounting points. how do you fix that?

dont worry i am not getting a CF hood...ricey!, i am going to take that other person's suggestion of looking for those who have stock hoods to sell after they put the CF hoods on their tc's.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 1 2004, 04:34 PM
It might be cheaper to get a CF hood than a replacement OEM. Or try to buy a used hood of someone who's getting a CF hood. Post classifieds on scionlife.com and clubsciontc.com.

The bumper will probably have to be OEM - when it comes to bodywork it is usually cheaper to do the labor part yourself and just buy parts separately, so you are on the right track

As for CF hood ricyness - just paint it. And it will probably be cheaper than OEM...
thanks for the suggestion
, i never thought of buying a stock off someone who wanted a CF hood.
i posted in a few classifieds and we'll see what happens! i will check with the dealer tomorrow to see how much replacement stock hoods are. I'd rather buy through private party than through the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (bizzyliz @ Sep 1 2004, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=11413
anyone know where to find a replacement hood and bumpers for the tC's? i dont know if they have replacement parts available here in the US, is there a possiblity that i may have to order from japan??
Please help me out on this one, i did a google search-no luck

Of course you all are wonder why....i rear ended someone today. The bumper looks scraped so I may only have to buff it out. The hood is worst off, tip end bent upwards.

liz[/b]

Yeah you can buy a replacement hood at www.car-stuff.com hope this helps

·
Resident Swagologist
4,929 Posts
does this break a record????

It has to lol

four and a half years old!!!!!

SUPER COLOSSAL MACHO FAIL!!!!! :blink: just don't do it again

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Haha, that was good!
The girl had been driving with a crappy hood and bumper for 4.5 years.
But she finally got her answer. What a relief!!! :p

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
This

leads to this

/thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts